What did you do with your flock today?

I fed my chicks scrambled eggs inside their brooder, and the rest of the flock tried to break down the door!

They finally gave up, except Hannah.
View attachment 3805261

Chicks are much more independent, and my little chick that was pecked and left for dead was so much better today. She didn't cry all the time, was able to keep up with her hatchmates, but did take a quick nap at one point...
View attachment 3805263
I'm so pleased that she (?) is doing better.

Martha is a wonderful mother.
View attachment 3805266
They've grown so much! It never ceases to amaze me.
I'm so relieved your little one that was pecked is doing so much better. She’s looking good and clearly a smart baby - ensconced behind the feeder like that she can get right back to eating when she wakes up 😂
Ferdy and Penelope had a sibling who hatched nearly a week later than them. They pecked it to death within 8 hours of hatching so it always pulls on my heartstrings when I hear a similar story.
Is Martha a first time mom?

Aww, what an itty bitty baby 🥰
I'm becoming quite fascinated by Seramas as a breed and beginning to think they could be the way to go considering my lack of space. Please keep us updated on this little cutie 💓
Your yellow flag iris is lovely! I'm still waiting for mine to throw a few flowering stems above the surface. I have iris 'Gamecock' in the back garden. Gladys insists on eating it to nubs some years. She didn't target it as much last year. This was the resultView attachment 3805522
:love Gorgeous color!

It's been awhile, and I've finally had time to catch up with you all. Today, DH helped make a new auto fill nipple bucket for the pullets and installed it. They were going through over a gallon of water every 2 days, and it's not hot here.
Mites have repopulated, so sprayed the coop. This time added 91% alcohol to the mix. All dead. This is an ongoing battle! Time to order more cinnamon oil.
Next Tuesday, the pullets will have been outside for 3 weeks, so it'll be time for integration. Switching the big girls food from layer to all flock. They always try to sneak in the liittle's area to eat their food whenever I'm checking it.
So far I've only named one, Dora (the Explorer), a leghorn who is always the first to fly up if a door is opened, and lets me pick her up. The rest still run from me, but that's ok.
I'm currently laid up with some groin pull, pain, so can't get out to see the girls. Stairs, driving, standing, sitting long are not in the near future. Spending most of my day, since the ER visit on Tuesday, laying down because it hurts way less. Thankful for good friends who offer to help.

I'll have to remember to take my phone out with me! We're off out this evening so he won't get his evening snuggles. He'll be in a sulk tomorrow and I'll be getting the cold shoulder no doubt 😂
I had a cat that would actually disappear for a couple days after we returned from any trip, as if to say, " Let's see how YOU like it!"

It's been awhile, and I've finally had time to catch up with you all. Today, DH helped make a new auto fill nipple bucket for the pullets and installed it. They were going through over a gallon of water every 2 days, and it's not hot here.
Mites have repopulated, so sprayed the coop. This time added 91% alcohol to the mix. All dead. This is an ongoing battle! Time to order more cinnamon oil.
Next Tuesday, the pullets will have been outside for 3 weeks, so it'll be time for integration. Switching the big girls food from layer to all flock. They always try to sneak in the liittle's area to eat their food whenever I'm checking it.
So far I've only named one, Dora (the Explorer), a leghorn who is always the first to fly up if a door is opened, and lets me pick her up. The rest still run from me, but that's ok.
I'm currently laid up with some groin pull, pain, so can't get out to see the girls. Stairs, driving, standing, sitting long are not in the near future. Spending most of my day, since the ER visit on Tuesday, laying down because it hurts way less. Thankful for good friends who offer to help.
Hope you are better soon!!! :hugs

Aww, what an itty bitty baby 🥰
I'm becoming quite fascinated by Seramas as a breed and beginning to think they could be the way to go considering my lack of space. Please keep us updated on this little cutie 💓
Your yellow flag iris is lovely! I'm still waiting for mine to throw a few flowering stems above the surface. I have iris 'Gamecock' in the back garden. Gladys insists on eating it to nubs some years. She didn't target it as much last year. This was the resultView attachment 3805522
Well...I don't get to keep baby, I'm just caring for it for a few days because my neighbor was worried about it. I'll post pictures until it goes home though 😄

Back
Top Bottom