What did you do with your flock today?

Ghost was my fav, just grab a sheet & go.
Doesn't matter if it's freezing & you need to bundle up underneath.
Masks are too uncomfortable & makeup always ends up smeared everywhere. The sheet with eye holes yelling "Ooooooooh" is so simple!
I wish digital cameras were around back when my oldest was little...I have the most adorable ghost pictures of her somewhere!
I don’t know…I’ve been a bit pummeled lately and feel a bit jaded about more birds…but I am finding that all the birds in my flock that are super healthy and seem to have no issues at all are all locally bred. One breeder in particular has what I’m calling bullet proof chickens in my flock. No fowl pox, no MG, no worms…they just hang out and lay eggs haha. So I am pondering that at the moment. It’s frustrating because there are very few bantam Brahma breeders near me! I would LOVE to have more of them because they are beautiful and have great temperaments in a mixed flock…but I don’t have room for LF Brahmas and that’s all I find!

My large fowl project birds will probably be Ameraucanas and Orpingtons. They are my favorites by far and come from the bullet proof stock. I ended up with three Marans too, so maybe some pretty olive eggers too :)

I took a few glamour shots when I visited the bantams this morning. No, Nohope (Lav cuckoo Orpington) and Roxy BLR Wyandotte) are not bantams haha, but they’re very gentle and do much better with them!
Such beautiful colors on those birds!
Okay last time spamming y’all. :) I’m very pleased with my d’Anver grow outs. I’m hoping the boys fill out and sheen up by late January and we are gonna show them in a real poultry show!
And the cheeks on those guys!

@TropicalBabies no magic touch...the peas are very young and very gentle at that age. ❤️

It's been raining here today😃
But I got the whatever (breeding?) coops done and I'm back to work on the ducks area. Didn't have much time outside today though with the wonderful rain. I'm trying to decide if I should remove some of the dirt before adding sand. Think I probably should. I'm not looking forward to that... 😂. Going to have to firmly keep in mind how much we enjoyed it when the ducks had the garden to play in!

One of my younger Yoko roos is such a sweetheart. He's definitely a forever bird so it's time to name him. He reminds me of Nutters in all the best ways. I bet he'll be the king of photo bombs just like Nutters was❤️. I'll have to get some pictures of him being a curious ham.

Here's an old pic of Nutters determinedly getting in the way while I tried to get pictures of dwarfs... 😂.
20220214_110024.jpg

We rescued a giant hairy scorpion from the kitties and it's having a little quiet time in hubbies bug jar before we release it in case it's hurt. Took a picture of it next to a penny...what a big girl!View attachment 3229242
Oh you are even kinder than me!!! I am not sure I’d save a scorpion! 😳

Oh you are even kinder than me!!! I am not sure I’d save a scorpion! 😳
We're awfully fond of the giant hairies...their venoms supposed to be no worse then a bee sting and they're so unique. We get a lot of super sized bugs here...guess we got so used to them that they feel like wildlife to us🫣😂

We're awfully fond of the giant hairies...their venoms supposed to be no worse then a bee sting and they're so unique. We get a lot of super sized bugs here...guess we got so used to them that they feel like wildlife to us🫣😂
Another reason I won’t be moving to the desert 😆😆 they are pretty cool looking though!

Got the roof put on the duck house. Husband surprised me with it when I got home. It took a little longer to do because we are using tin from an old “barn” we took down. Everything on it is fairly good still but it has been there for a VERY long time and wasn’t stable enough for us to be ok with our kids out there. Anyway, it had to be cut down to fit. But it was on there before the storm hit last night. So at least the flooring was protected.

I wish digital cameras were around back when my oldest was little...I have the most adorable ghost pictures of her somewhere!

Such beautiful colors on those birds!

And the cheeks on those guys!

@TropicalBabies no magic touch...the peas are very young and very gentle at that age. ❤️

It's been raining here today😃
But I got the whatever (breeding?) coops done and I'm back to work on the ducks area. Didn't have much time outside today though with the wonderful rain. I'm trying to decide if I should remove some of the dirt before adding sand. Think I probably should. I'm not looking forward to that... 😂. Going to have to firmly keep in mind how much we enjoyed it when the ducks had the garden to play in!

One of my younger Yoko roos is such a sweetheart. He's definitely a forever bird so it's time to name him. He reminds me of Nutters in all the best ways. I bet he'll be the king of photo bombs just like Nutters was❤️. I'll have to get some pictures of him being a curious ham.

Here's an old pic of Nutters determinedly getting in the way while I tried to get pictures of dwarfs... 😂. View attachment 3229136
Luv Nutters!!!

Back
Top Bottom