What did you do with your flock today?

Home from our trip finally and need to catch up on the thread! I have Asha her first dose of tetra—here’s hoping it works! She did eat all her scrambled egg though! So appetite isn’t totally gone. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Got all the chickens back outside being chickens again. Ruby was feeling a bit saucy and he and Rolly had a fight, so Rolly came in for a bit to separate them. Might soon be time for another rehoming. Rolly is a very nice boy to people but he isn’t meshing real well with the others. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Also got the new additions bathed and settled in for some quarantine time in the house. They’ve been dubbed Mr. and Mrs. Ball…Cotton and Snow 😆 The sat on me for over an hour while drying from their baths (I fell asleep!) and when I woke up, Cotton decided she needed to move and did this 😆 Mr. Ball was not a fan of our family game of charades and kept crowing 😆 It’s safe to say we (especially the husband) are all done with crowing roosters! 🤪

View attachment 3342097

View attachment 3342098
Aren’t they just so pretty? 😍 little shiny white floofs! 😍
Oh they are just gorgeous!!! I don’t remember see what breed they are. I was thinking about getting some White chanteclers. It kinda looks like what they are..? I just love the names!! ❤️

I am! It's definitely a life is good kinda day ❤️

Wow isn't he just the cutest lil guy! 😍😍❤️ I tried to introduce Mina (that's ours name) to our dogs and she gets scared and headbutts them. She's starting to realize they're not scary but we have a little bit to go before they'll be friends. Spunky is a good word for goats! 🤣
I love the name YupYup and can't wait to see your puppy-goat as he grows! Pygmies are sooo cute!

I just love your new Ball family❤️❤️❤️ I've never bought an adult chicken that was so cuddly like that pair. Heart and eye candy!

@TropicalBabies That's hard losing so many so close together. :hugs
YupYup decided to try to headbutt our girl the second time she tried to lick its face. And that is also what happened when she tried to share her kennel with him. She wasn’t even phased thank goodness. Except she put her head low with her butt in the air wagging her butt (since she is docked) and just ready to play. Poor YupYup though can’t sleep. Our dog is making him nervous.

It will be fun to watch him grow up. But we seen dad too. Oh boy! He was something. They had him separated and he WAS NOT happy. He started ramming into the fence. But I guess he has been like that because he is separated from his girls for a few months. I’m kinda glad we don’t have friend right off the bat so maybe we can form some kinda bond. I really don’t want to be hit by that.

Last edited:
@FBMcrazy8 forgot to ask if you're planning to band him or if you're going to keep him intact and get a girl? Goat cheese is yummy 😍
We are going to keep him intact. We do have the banding stuff (got it for the puppies tails) but decided to take them to the vet. The bands were too big for their tails and just easier. Anyway, we do want to get a girl but we may have to wait a little because the ones that might be born as a girl will be born soon. We are going to keep looking though to see if we can find anything sooner.

They had the goats with chickens and turkeys and ducks. But she didn’t have a rooster or Tom and I would hate to put him in with the chickens here and he get attacked…or worse him attack the chickens, though I’m sure they could hold their own. Just want to avoid the unnecessary stress on any of them.

Just catching up today. I've been really busy over the last few days and haven't had any down time. Then it was my Uncle's funeral (5th close relative or friend in 12 months - bloody sick of it - no-one else die for a while please?). And I just didn't feel like doing much after that. Oh, and there's something going on with Ferdy's foot again.

On the plus side, Pru is laying again. I have no idea how she manages to lay them, they're the biggest bantam Cochin eggs I've seen. This is hers inbetween one of Penelope's (pretty big, about the size of a store bought 'medium' egg) and a store bought 'large' egg.

@tropical Babies, I'll PM you regarding dosage as I'm not qualified so I hate to think anyone's birds hurt by what i say. You are more than sensible enough to make the decision whether you want to take the risk using unqualified 'advice'.

Buttercup is such a pretty lady, such a lovely colour. Definitely well named! Her eggs are the exact same shade my Gladys lays - when she starts again in the spring that is! And your new baby! Such a cutie! I want him! 😍 ❤️

They are a stunning new addition to the family! Not too sure how long they'll stay pristine white, judging my experiences with Ferdy and Penelope 🤣
I'm sorry to hear Asha is worse. Don't be too hasty stopping the Tetra too soon, it can take nearly a full course to show improvement. There's still hope, I'd say, if she's still eating. I'm keeping both of you in my thoughts :hugs ❤️ :hugs
I’m sorry for your loss! :hugs

What an egg! It is pretty big!

Thank you! Butterscotch has always been so quiet and she never showed signs of laying any eggs anytime soon!

🌴🤦‍♀️
20221205_174056.jpg

Good morning...

Back
Top Bottom