What did you do with your flock today?

It's very good for medicine when steamed to remove the sting, and provides calcium for chickens. usually i would collect it and let it dry, then mix it in their feed. once it is wilted there is no sting. i'm surprised he likes to eat it fresh.
one study shows it lowers mortality in broiler chickens from pulmonary hypertension due to its antioxidant effect. another study says it improves the quality of eggs along with immune system function in layer hens. however, other studies have found no effect on immune system function in broilers.
Wow! Cool!

I done a lot with my flock yesterday!
My back is telling me about it this morning. 🤣
I cleaned the duck tank filled it up with water, done some cleaning in the run and duck house spread some straw out and got everything duckling safe for the new babies.
20200507_162913.jpg
20200507_142021.jpg

Hello! This is a place to post pictures/talk about what you and your flock have done today.

I was on a zoom call earlier and Iris, my rooster, decided to stand behind me and crow repeatedly. Thankfully I was on mute, but it was still annoying. They couldn’t see him, but they could see me trying to make him quiet, which was a little embarrassing. :lol:
Here’s a pic of my boy with some mini roses.
View attachment 2128202

What about you guys? Have you done anything interesting with your flock today?
Next time turn off the camera!

Great thread! Yesterday I didn't do much, I just fed, cleaned buckets, and cleaned my two brooders.

Thank you! What kind of chicks do you have?

I done a lot with my flock yesterday!
My back is telling me about it this morning. 🤣
I cleaned the duck tank filled it up with water, done some cleaning in the run and duck house spread some straw out and got everything duckling safe for the new babies. View attachment 2128642View attachment 2128643

Aww, they’re adorable!😍

Next time turn off the camera!

That’s a good idea, I’ll have to do that next time.

I am without a flock these days but that is going to change this summer. I am aching to get my hands on some Muscovys. But realistically I need to be home to keep them properly.

When I get home and the new housing built I will have Guineas, Egg layers, Muscovies. I love love love Roosters so there will be a spot for "Rescues". I may even try my hand at Raising Quail. Lots of room there.

deb

Back
Top Bottom