What did you do with your flock today?

Thank you! What kind of chicks do you have?
In one brooder I have some mutt chicken chicks and Muscovy ducklings. In the other brooder I have 5 new goslings! :love

Today it looks like I might have some crested ducklings hatching!
cropped_2_DSC_0015.jpg

Oh and these are awesomely Dangerous. Horse loved em and I hear they are excellent cooked taste somewhat like Artichokes. He would bite the tops off after smashing them with his front teeth then mull them around in his mouth carefully till he could chomp down on them. I couldnt understand because those needles can go right through levis. But then I realized Artichokes are Thistles...

https://practicalselfreliance.com/edible-thistle/

Again research before internet gave me a lot of the answers.

1588954523647.png

wild edibles and medicinals have been a kind of hobby of mine. I bet chickens wouldnt turn them down. But I wouldnt feed untill they were cooked .

deb

In one brooder I have some mutt chicken chicks and Muscovy ducklings. In the other brooder I have 5 new goslings! :love

View attachment 2128703
I also want some Runner duks.... I would call them Beaker 1, Beaker 2, Beaker... well you get the picture.... :lau

Thank you! What kind of chicks do you have?

Aww, they’re adorable!😍

That’s a good idea, I’ll have to do that next time.
Zoom meetings with the video off are not as stressful on a person. You can turn the video and mic on when you want to talk

Oh and these are awesomely Dangerous. Horse loved em and I hear they are excellent cooked taste somewhat like Artichokes. He would bite the tops off after smashing them with his front teeth then mull them around in his mouth carefully till he could chomp down on them. I couldnt understand because those needles can go right through levis. But then I realized Artichokes are Thistles...

View attachment 2128718

wild edibles and medicinals have been a kind of hobby of mine. I bet chickens wouldnt turn them down. But I wouldnt feed untill they were cooked .

deb
http://www.poultrydvm.com/supplement/milk-thistle
according to this they seem to have an antitoxin effect for chickens consuming contaminated poultry feed. i think i'll harvest it and give it to my roosters since i hate getting milk thistle on my legs in the fall lol.

Hello! This is a place to post pictures/talk about what you and your flock have done today.

I was on a zoom call earlier and Iris, my rooster, decided to stand behind me and crow repeatedly. Thankfully I was on mute, but it was still annoying. They couldn’t see him, but they could see me trying to make him quiet, which was a little embarrassing. :lol:
Here’s a pic of my boy with some mini roses.
View attachment 2128202

What about you guys? Have you done anything interesting with your flock today?
Since this is our first flock...ever...and we wanted chickens for so long - we are prone to just sitting in the run and watching them be chickens. Or really, baby chickens...still growing up!

View attachment 2128703

Aww!

View attachment 2128718

deb

That’s pretty!

Zoom meetings with the video off are not as stressful on a person. You can turn the video and mic on when you want to talk

Unfortunately my professor said having a face cam is mandatory for security reasons. It would be more convenient though.

@FrankieDoodle, what are you gonna do with your flock today? :pop

Probably nothing special. Lots of hugs. XD
I might try to get measurements for a few saddles, but I’m probably going to forget again. What about you?

Since this is our first flock...ever...and we wanted chickens for so long - we are prone to just sitting in the run and watching them be chickens. Or really, baby chickens...still growing up!

Congrats! Chicken tv is one of my favorite parts about raising chickens. :D

Hello! This is a place to post pictures/talk about what you and your flock have done today.

I was on a zoom call earlier and Iris, my rooster, decided to stand behind me and crow repeatedly. Thankfully I was on mute, but it was still annoying. They couldn’t see him, but they could see me trying to make him quiet, which was a little embarrassing. :lol:
Here’s a pic of my boy with some mini roses.
View attachment 2128202

What about you guys? Have you done anything interesting with your flock today?
Today I chicken proofed my rockery( says she with her fingers crossed)
Besides clambering around the rocks and pulling out plants that have been there 10 years, I have also raided the larder for any tasty treats, tomorrow they’re having veg and pasta with a side order of sweet corn! Hope they don’t turn their noses up at the corn in their coop!

Back
Top Bottom