Mothers day from Costco
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 1
The door on my faverolles’ runs broke (the screws were too short, and they came out). Thankfully I caught it before I let anyone out, and was able to prop it shut until I could fix it. Normally my dad fixes these kind of things, but he was busy so I put the birds in a different run in the grass and fixed it myself. I’ve helped build a lot of the coops and runs, but this was the first time I did something like this myself, and even though I had to take the door completely off its hinges, I didn’t have any issues. :yesss:

After I was done with that, I spent a few hours re-painting an old statue with them. They didn’t like my company, but it was nice. XD Nikki is broody, so it kept her off of the nest.
:clap:bow

The door on my faverolles’ runs broke (the screws were too short, and they came out). Thankfully I caught it before I let anyone out, and was able to prop it shut until I could fix it. Normally my dad fixes these kind of things, but he was busy so I put the birds in a different run in the grass and fixed it myself. I’ve helped build a lot of the coops and runs, but this was the first time I did something like this myself, and even though I had to take the door completely off its hinges, I didn’t have any issues. :yesss:

After I was done with that, I spent a few hours re-painting an old statue with them. They didn’t like my company, but it was nice. XD Nikki is broody, so it kept her off of the nest.
Bravo!!! Keep up that great work! Next you'll be building what you want and need ;) Not a bad skill to have at all!

I had split off one of my starter batches of meal worms and last night noticed it has a bad case of grain mites :barnieI quickly separated all bins but it looks like I may have a little spread (which means outbreak!) Good news is I check my bins a few times per day so think I caught early but... :sick not happy. Beetles and pupae looked clean, my stash of bran looked clean. Just old frass with tiny mw bin. I am only about 5-6 months into this but feel a little devastated as I don't want to have any mite problems ever in my perfect world ever!!! lol. Just had a rough couple days and was feeling intolerant and basically ready to toss the whole mw plan. I now see why people do ....:lau
My dark B pullet was slow and stretching her neck this morning. I have her isolated, direct dosed her w/ safeguard and then dosed flock. :fl :fl :fl

K. Gotta go check and primp etc.

Scraped boards and checked poop (yum!), cleaned and changed treated water, moved chicks into below brooder so I could clean out top one, threw a few more palm frawns in the run, caught a few lizards for the cockerels and let them play tag or catch or tackle. Dumped 2 bags of compost in the Love Shack, emptied nesting material but left plastic on two top and unused nest boxes in main coop where the 2mo cockerels have taken up residence. Filled a few craters, fed some mealworms...
Yesterday I scrubbed waters, filled feed containers, cleaned and reorganized chx storage container.

Hi kids, happy aloha Friday!!!
Last day of deworming the flock!
Uninstalled a big fan and installed a medium fan in the main coop.
Got boards scraped, feeders filled, waterers scrubbed.
Emptied a bag of composted horse poop out for the gang.
Fed them meal worms that had grain mites so... their bonus.
Handled chicks and cleaned brooder... now it is time to collect some eggs!!! Oh, that's right... I wormed my flock... not so fun today
Well, I did fire up my incubator and put 20 of last weeks eggs in.
Other than that, it has been home maintenance.
Kittens have an appointment for the 22nd!
20210512_131023.jpg
20210512_131032.jpg
Just finished a dish of little meal worms... and it shows!
20210512_184704~2.jpg
20210512_184730~2.jpg
20210512_184748~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom