What did you do with your flock today?

Soooo my husband heard my rooster Eevee squawking up a storm and went to see why he was making so much noise.

He found a hawk sitting on top of my flat roof quail coop! When it saw my husband it flew up to the telecom line. Ugh…I’d been hopeful that my trees would provide enough cover to sneak by the hawks. Bird netting and a fake hawk are now on their way to me…my tiny silkies would be a nice and easy snack 🥴🥴

Attachments

• E629270F-8363-4E3E-B850-F65D69CA1947.jpeg
    E629270F-8363-4E3E-B850-F65D69CA1947.jpeg
    675.5 KB · Views: 2
Soooo my husband heard my rooster Eevee squawking up a storm and went to see why he was making so much noise.

He found a hawk sitting on top of my flat roof quail coop! When it saw my husband it flew up to the telecom line. Ugh…I’d been hopeful that my trees would provide enough cover to sneak by the hawks. Bird netting and a fake hawk are now on their way to me…my tiny silkies would be a nice and easy snack 🥴🥴
Gulp.

Well, you have the netting coming and a fake hawk... but you MAY need to rethink what you got going 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
I know they have lots of experience and great advice on this site. Do keep us posted. Yeah, winter, hungry predators 😬😬😬 yikes.

What is that interesting old building next door? A neighbors house?

Back
Top Bottom