What did you do with your flock today?

Coco hasn’t been feeling well the past few days, so yesterday I separated her and fed her some scrambled eggs. She’s acting better today, but I’m still keeping an eye on her.
When I gave her a quick check over for any issues I couldn’t find any, so I think she wasn’t getting enough protein since she’s molting. It would explain why she’s acting better after I gave her eggs and worms.
View attachment 2868500View attachment 2868502View attachment 2868501
Awww poor sweet Coco! I hope that’s all it is! I have heard that hard molts are rough on them, so protein should definitely help! ❤️

I also have a Coco :-D I decided since she was a fancy Mauve Orp that she should be named Coco Chanel :) plus mauve sort of looks like a warm light cocoa color in the sun 😍

Attachments

• D994DD51-6210-4293-AE30-BBEC7C6DF7D8.jpeg
    D994DD51-6210-4293-AE30-BBEC7C6DF7D8.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 1
  • FAB8F8DD-DB64-45D2-A113-7C78F9CF6A68.jpeg
    FAB8F8DD-DB64-45D2-A113-7C78F9CF6A68.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 1
Chickens: Fed them a macintosh by hand fresh off the tree. Lots of happy talking. My RIR girl Ruby especially. She looks me right in the eye and talks very animatedly. Wing gestures included. Got a new solar pendant light for inside the coop, helps at dusk to see better at bedtime prep.

Ducks: quiet time observing out newly adopted girl (integration is going very well) and passing out treats of romaine lettuce. Much ducky joy.

My critters and my farm are my only peace. They are very loved.

Molting is so tough on them after their first hard one next is even harder .. How old is she ?
@TropicalBabies I missed the cat bite crud those can hurt worse if cat scratch fever follows
Oh, definitely. I had one bird that was absolutely miserable every time she molted. I always felt really bad for her.
She turns two in late December/early January.
Awww poor sweet Coco! I hope that’s all it is! I have heard that hard molts are rough on them, so protein should definitely help! ❤️

I also have a Coco :-D I decided since she was a fancy Mauve Orp that she should be named Coco Chanel :) plus mauve sort of looks like a warm light cocoa color in the sun 😍
She’s so cute!
Have you gotten any eggs yet?
Chickens: Fed them a macintosh by hand fresh off the tree. Lots of happy talking. My RIR girl Ruby especially. She looks me right in the eye and talks very animatedly. Wing gestures included. Got a new solar pendant light for inside the coop, helps at dusk to see better at bedtime prep.

Ducks: quiet time observing out newly adopted girl (integration is going very well) and passing out treats of romaine lettuce. Much ducky joy.

My critters and my farm are my only peace. They are very loved.
I’m glad integration is going good with your ducks!

She’s so cute!
Thank you! No eggs yet 😩 I’m starting to think that they’re holding out on me out of spite for bringing new chickens in 😩

I’m excited for the young chickens to start laying too—Coco’s mom laid pink eggs so I’m hoping for fun pink eggs, I’ll get blue from my Ameraucanas, chocolate ones from my BCM, speckled brown ones from my Welsummer, and hoping green eggs from my Cochin mixes that have Isbar genes 😁😁 will be a super fun Easter basket array 😍

Oh, definitely. I had one bird that was absolutely miserable every time she molted. I always felt really bad for her.
She turns two in late December/early January.

She’s so cute!

I’m glad integration is going good with your ducks!

Thank you! I dont know if you saw my post from the other day. New pekin girl is all that is left of a raccoon-killed small flock. Neighbors birds - their dad has severe dementia and opened the coop in the middle if the night 😟 Instead of being alone, shes on the other side of the fence with us now

Thank you! I dont know if you saw my post from the other day. New pekin girl is all that is left of a raccoon-killed small flock. Neighbors birds - their dad has severe dementia and opened the coop in the middle if the night 😟 Instead of being alone, shes on the other side of the fence with us now
Oh that’s so very sad!! How nice of you to adopt her in, poor baby. Sounds like she found a safe place to land! ❤️❤️

Oh that’s so very sad!! How nice of you to adopt her in, poor baby. Sounds like she found a safe place to land! ❤️❤️
She's doing very well and will be safe in the Fortress of Duckitude 😂 I think my swedish blue is enjoying a slower chubby companion so she doesn't have to keep up with those hyperpsycho runners all day long

She's doing very well and will be safe in the Fortress of Duckitude 😂 I think my swedish blue is enjoying a slower chubby companion so she doesn't have to keep up with those hyperpsycho runners all day long
Haha I love the name! Fortress of Duckitude! 😍 I would totally like having a slow friend too, those crazies who run are exhausting 😆😆 someday I will have ducks! 😁

I have a Coco too! 🤣 (the girl on the right)

Attachments

• IMG_20210908_181330.jpg
    IMG_20210908_181330.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom