What did you do with your flock today?

I’m taking a ceramics class this semester. During my free time I’ve been making little chicken and duck figurines. Each one is based on one of my birds, both past and present. So far I’ve only finished a handful of them, but I’m really excited to get all of them.
The ducks, Mako, Ling Ling, and Raleigh.View attachment 2869225View attachment 2869226View attachment 2869228View attachment 2869229View attachment 2869227
Iris and Poppy.View attachment 2869230View attachment 2869231View attachment 2869232
And I have three chicks, but they aren’t painted yet. They’re based on Iris (when he was a chick), Dot, and Gretel.
13 others are currently in the kiln, and then I need to make 24 more. I’m considering making the quail, too, but I don’t know if I’ll have the time. Who knows, maybe I’ll get in trouble before I can finish them all. XD
If I pay you? would send me a few chickens ? Your doing beautiful work there!

I’m taking a ceramics class this semester. During my free time I’ve been making little chicken and duck figurines. Each one is based on one of my birds, both past and present. So far I’ve only finished a handful of them, but I’m really excited to get all of them.
The ducks, Mako, Ling Ling, and Raleigh.View attachment 2869225View attachment 2869226View attachment 2869228View attachment 2869229View attachment 2869227
Iris and Poppy.View attachment 2869230View attachment 2869231View attachment 2869232
And I have three chicks, but they aren’t painted yet. They’re based on Iris (when he was a chick), Dot, and Gretel.
13 others are currently in the kiln, and then I need to make 24 more. I’m considering making the quail, too, but I don’t know if I’ll have the time. Who knows, maybe I’ll get in trouble before I can finish them all. XD
These are so awesome! I love it! 😍

Finally finished up some final touches to the coop today! It was finally a pleasant temperature so I felt like being out in the coop doing hard work! It’s almost time for a bedding clean out, but that’s for another day! I installed the plant hook for the food and hung the roost bar ladder to give them decent mid level roost bars. The ones near the ceiling are just not accessible without an interim place to start. I sat and watched them get all situated tonight and use the new set up and the bantam Cochins were the first to fly up to the top bars! They look so happy up there :) Does anything look problematic to you with the current set-up? The ladder is pretty snug against the walls so I opted not to nail it down so I can remove easily to clean—do you think that’s a bad idea? Maybe a brace? They’re all crammed on one side of the ladder too, I thought they’d like having use of the whole ladder! Silly birds.

Attachments

• 7E33B643-01EF-4B3B-9CA7-B9BF41501813.jpeg
    7E33B643-01EF-4B3B-9CA7-B9BF41501813.jpeg
    721.6 KB · Views: 1
Finally finished up some final touches to the coop today! It was finally a pleasant temperature so I felt like being out in the coop doing hard work! It’s almost time for a bedding clean out, but that’s for another day! I installed the plant hook for the food and hung the roost bar ladder to give them decent mid level roost bars. The ones near the ceiling are just not accessible without an interim place to start. I sat and watched them get all situated tonight and use the new set up and the bantam Cochins were the first to fly up to the top bars! They look so happy up there :) Does anything look problematic to you with the current set-up? The ladder is pretty snug against the walls so I opted not to nail it down so I can remove easily to clean—do you think that’s a bad idea? Maybe a brace? They’re all crammed on one side of the ladder too, I thought they’d like having use of the whole ladder! Silly birds.
That looks great! Your birds look excited to check it out.

@FrankieDoodle your figurines are awesome. Great idea ♡♡♡
@kurby22 your roost hops look totally doable and I love your hanger for feed. Another great idea going on on this tread. Brilliant!

View attachment 2869720View attachment 2869721
My new charges are warming up ♡
They sure look like our Mango & Mochi did.
View attachment 2869722
Thanks! I saw someone use a plant hook and was like, ooo! I should do that! It’s hilarious watching them all work out who will sleep where 😆 so much bickering and chattering!

Those kitties are just adorable!! Oh my goodness! I just wanna sit and love on them 😍

Back
Top Bottom