What did you do with your flock today?

Hey y'all. Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday afternoon. We are out on the chaise with the chickens and goats. These days are getting fewer and fewer. I almost don't mind the girls making holes in my yard šŸ¤£

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_173613192_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211024_173613192_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Hey y'all. Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday afternoon. We are out on the chaise with the chickens and goats. These days are getting fewer and fewer. I almost don't mind the girls making holes in my yard šŸ¤£
They look like very happy chickens!! Mine are very unhappy today! The rain is crazy today and thereā€™s standing water everywhere šŸ„“

Iā€™m so jealous you have goats! Someday I will live where I can have goats! Sooo cute! :love

They look like very happy chickens!! Mine are very unhappy today! The rain is crazy today and thereā€™s standing water everywhere šŸ„“

Iā€™m so jealous you have goats! Someday I will live where I can have goats! Sooo cute! :love
Thank you. I'm sorry about the rain. I highly recommend them. They are amazing, terrible,into everything and I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you. I'm sorry about the rain. I highly recommend them. They are amazing, terrible,into everything and I wouldn't change a thing.
Yeah the rain is very much needed but wow we were not prepared for this much at once! Thereā€™s standing water everywhere and the run is half flooded and looks more like a river šŸ„“ on the plus side, the last bit of assimilation has been completed thanks to the rain šŸ˜† theyā€™ve spent all day together in one coop and everyone went to bed. The rooster is up with the babies sleeping, and grumpy Charlie is with the Orp hens and silkies. Theyā€™re like snug bugs! Iā€™ve been trying to find the right time to move the bantams out and into the small coopā€¦but the rain decided it for me!

I canā€™t wait to have naughty goats! I have a friend who moved to Texas and got goats almost right away and she sends me pictures and videos to help me live vicariously thru her haha. šŸšŸā¤ļø

Yeah the rain is very much needed but wow we were not prepared for this much at once! Thereā€™s standing water everywhere and the run is half flooded and looks more like a river šŸ„“ on the plus side, the last bit of assimilation has been completed thanks to the rain šŸ˜† theyā€™ve spent all day together in one coop and everyone went to bed. The rooster is up with the babies sleeping, and grumpy Charlie is with the Orp hens and silkies. Theyā€™re like snug bugs! Iā€™ve been trying to find the right time to move the bantams out and into the small coopā€¦but the rain decided it for me!

I canā€™t wait to have naughty goats! I have a friend who moved to Texas and got goats almost right away and she sends me pictures and videos to help me live vicariously thru her haha. šŸšŸā¤ļø
It is time to get the drainage sorted out! With so many years of below normal rain, it takes a big storm to get us back into wet water years.

It is time to get the drainage sorted out! With so many years of below normal rain, it takes a big storm to get us back into wet water years.
Yeah, we didn't consider how the installation of the coops and run would limit the usual drainage patterns and our soil has a lot more clay in it than I would like! I was out in my boots and rain coat digging out a trench to drain the standing water as best I could...but definitely time to determine some better solutions! That rain was something else!!

Yeah, we didn't consider how the installation of the coops and run would limit the usual drainage patterns and our soil has a lot more clay in it than I would like! I was out in my boots and rain coat digging out a trench to drain the standing water as best I could...but definitely time to determine some better solutions! That rain was something else!!
French drains would likely help. They can be used in the place where you are digging a trench.

Back
Top Bottom