What did you do with your flock today?

Well the weird lumps on Ms Pretty haven’t gone away…but they have seemed to stop growing. She has a vet appointment for tomorrow, but I think I have narrowed it down to a mosquito bite that turned into Dry Fowl Pox. One of my other pullets Ms Frizzle has a dry pox looking scab thing on her comb that was not there a couple days ago. If it is pox, I will feel much better but nowhere did I find anyone mention it could cause lumps on their necks! Just exposed skin…however I’m wondering if it was exposed enough because she was molting? Anyway, I’m hoping the vet has more answers tomorrow!

Hope you all had a good day today!

Really sucks to have things go south with a bird huh.
Something to giggle at my frizzle is the oldest in the banty coop. She is flattening herself we are going to be getting a egg from her.
006.jpg

I got banty because my best egg customer like to pickle them .. Had 4 silkie that died last Summer in the heat.
Spent all summer raising 12 silkie one EE and the frizzle .. have 4 silkie pullets the EE and frizzle all pullets. Sold like 8 cockerel at auction still one to go ..
I have two birds up there I hatched the barred is proabably cockerel then there is white pullet but they are full grown birds

So the vet told me to give it a week and see how things go but it looks like pox. So fingers crossed!! I checked her over tonight and the lumps on her neck have gone way down. I’m not imagining horrible things as much anymore 🎉

I also decided the coop needed some Christmas cheer :) And I had a new visitor today while sitting with them. Marianne has always been really nervous and runs whenever I try to pet her. So when she voluntarily jumped up to visit me AND let me pet her, I felt like I’d won the day 😁😁 She’s the one I was sure I’d lose that brought all the illnesses to my coop. She was really sick and the vet was not sure she’d make it. But she’s a fighter and has bounced back! She’s still half the size of her sister, but her feathers are shiny and soft, her eyes are clear, and she eats and forages with the best of them! I’m already preparing myself for the potential issues she may have with egg laying due to the severity of the virus with her, but for now she’s good—and so pretty ❤️

Attachments

• 3C00F2EE-E9B9-48EE-AFFB-A9AB3CF1C47D.jpeg
    3C00F2EE-E9B9-48EE-AFFB-A9AB3CF1C47D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • 582DB4F4-F0EF-41FA-AB7E-DE6494BE26B6.jpeg
    582DB4F4-F0EF-41FA-AB7E-DE6494BE26B6.jpeg
    473.8 KB · Views: 1
  • FC5976CC-8A31-41B5-AB23-1D87714C1A7E.jpeg
    FC5976CC-8A31-41B5-AB23-1D87714C1A7E.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 1
She is pretty bird. Do you happen to know her breeding or what color eggs she had ?
Thank you! I think so too! She is an Isabel lavender laced English Orpington and will have a light brown egg most likely! She has a sister that is healthier and larger and fluffier. :) I have another Orpington that might lay pink eggs, so I am anxiously waiting to see her lay!

Back
Top Bottom