What did you do with your flock today?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeOr8XNhAvQ/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Good morning gang! Don't know if this will be able to pull up but worth a try even for a copy and paste.

Off to docs again this morning and then back up to Koke'e to meet with tree trimmer again šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø a story within itself. Looking forward to things settling at least for awhile šŸ¤ž

Let the chooks out to wander first thing so they can get some time out. The little's put themselves to bed in the mini coop with the big girls last eve.:eek::love
20220626_194613.jpg

I put Gracie next to B&C as she is sweeter than Share (not in photo).

Other than that, another day missing my therapy chooks due to my increased work load. So grateful i got my coop and run all scrubbed and for the awesome reads from you folks on byc.

Looks like Blackie has a pox!
20220627_071430.jpg

The mosquitos have been thicker this last week.
Anywho, just going to monitor. My flock has all had pox in the past so now immune, just the two littles to deal with. Whole flock is healthy as are the littles so this should be a non event. I will do extra days of poultry vitamins in all waters and stay as stress free as possible.

Hello everyone!

Busy day here but took the time to give the duckies some water play time. Watching them play always brightens my day. Felt like they managed to splash everything within ten feet of the utility sink...but it was probably just me standing there gawking at them that got wet. šŸ¤£šŸ˜
20220627_154051.jpg
20220627_154140.jpg
20220627_154135.jpg

Hope everyone's day holds some joy!

Another day in paradise here. Upper 80's but with some nice trades. Just laundry and a few chicken chores as dh seems to be on the upswing aka out of bed but his partner in crime remains.
20220622_160432.jpg
I cooked beans yesterday and made a big pot of turkey chili this morning. So set for a few meals plus sharing and freezing. Taco salad tonight yippee!
20220628_122740.jpg
20220628_122718.jpg
(now) Sweet little Beetlejuice has today to stretch in the "garden" and I am forming my July 4th getaway. I will split the flock again, keeping Beetle J, the Buff's (or Lani's) with the teens (Gracie, Lovey, Faith & Hope) & C&B down here.
Spider and the older seasoned gals, along with Gingermint and Lady Ruby can go up with me to play and relax in the cool of Koke'e.
I have my relief gal lined up so they will be cared for when I go down the hill and I won't have to pay the neighbor kid for basically nothing. A little smoother than last time I hope and last time was pretty smooth.
20220628_122627.jpg

Forest waiting for sparrow's and doves (wish he would quit bringing them inside the house!)
Littles and teens very comfortable in and with the big girls. Wish I had room for all up Koke'e.
20220628_060946.jpg

Another day in paradise here. Upper 80's but with some nice trades. Just laundry and a few chicken chores as dh seems to be on the upswing aka out of bed but his partner in crime remains.View attachment 3167237I cooked beans yesterday and made a big pot of turkey chili this morning. So set for a few meals plus sharing and freezing. Taco salad tonight yippee!View attachment 3167342View attachment 3167332 (now) Sweet little Beetlejuice has today to stretch in the "garden" and I am forming my July 4th getaway. I will split the flock again, keeping Beetle J, the Buff's (or Lani's) with the teens (Gracie, Lovey, Faith & Hope) & C&B down here.
Spider and the older seasoned gals, along with Gingermint and Lady Ruby can go up with me to play and relax in the cool of Koke'e.
I have my relief gal lined up so they will be cared for when I go down the hill and I won't have to pay the neighbor kid for basically nothing. A little smoother than last time I hope and last time was pretty smooth.
View attachment 3167360
Forest waiting for sparrow's and doves (wish he would quit bringing them inside the house!)
Littles and teens very comfortable in and with the big girls. Wish I had room for all up Koke'e.
View attachment 3167364
Glad your hubby's up and his partner in crime is a cutie! Beetlejuice is such an adorable name and handsome bird! All your birds are beautiful šŸ˜

Spent the day dusting the house here and it's finally time to relax. I've been keeping a couple chickens with the baby peas. I pick ones that ask for attention. Their happiness to see me helps the babies learn the same behavior. When I gave the babies their bedtime treat, this one wanted attention, so we're hanging out for a bit. She's a super sweet little thing. Her name is Daffy.
20220628_223425.jpg
20220628_224110.jpg

Housework days are never my favorites! But I did get to spend a good hour or so brushing out my dog. This is Fox...she's an Akita with a bad thyroid so she ended up slightly dwarfed. She got a bath the other day ands been shedding like mad!
20220628_222531.jpg

Hello everyone!
Busy day here but took the time to give the duckies some water play time. Watching them play always brightens my day. Felt like they managed to splash everything within ten feet of the utility sink...but it was probably just me standing there gawking at them that got wet. šŸ¤£šŸ˜ View attachment 3165827View attachment 3165829View attachment 3165831

Hope everyone's day holds some joy!
Oh my goodness!! Those ducks are seriously soooo cute šŸ„° šŸ˜
Another day in paradise here. Upper 80's but with some nice trades. Just laundry and a few chicken chores as dh seems to be on the upswing aka out of bed but his partner in crime remains.View attachment 3167237I cooked beans yesterday and made a big pot of turkey chili this morning. So set for a few meals plus sharing and freezing. Taco salad tonight yippee!View attachment 3167342View attachment 3167332 (now) Sweet little Beetlejuice has today to stretch in the "garden" and I am forming my July 4th getaway. I will split the flock again, keeping Beetle J, the Buff's (or Lani's) with the teens (Gracie, Lovey, Faith & Hope) & C&B down here.
View attachment 3167360
View attachment 3167364
Glad to hear DH is feeling a bit better! And his partner in crime seems totally supportive of the current ā€œtake it easy and restā€ concept! šŸ„°

Forest kitty looks very regal and focused! I love how he just lays out there with all the chickens :)

You do have some handsome boys! Your chickens are so lucky they get to join you in the cooler mountains! Iā€™m jealous of them šŸ˜†
Glad your hubby's up and his partner in crime is a cutie! Beetlejuice is such an adorable name and handsome bird! All your birds are beautiful šŸ˜

Spent the day dusting the house here and it's finally time to relax. I've been keeping a couple chickens with the baby peas. I pick ones that ask for attention. Their happiness to see me helps the babies learn the same behavior. When I gave the babies their bedtime treat, this one wanted attention, so we're hanging out for a bit. She's a super sweet little thing. Her name is Daffy. View attachment 3167646View attachment 3167647
Housework days are never my favorites! But I did get to spend a good hour or so brushing out my dog. This is Fox...she's an Akita with a bad thyroid so she ended up slightly dwarfed. She got a bath the other day ands been shedding like mad!View attachment 3167649
Haha I always have to re-read your sentence when you are talking about your peacocks šŸ˜† I was thinking, ā€œwhy do the peas need chicken friends?ā€ šŸ˜† (how is there no pea pod emoji??) Daffy is so pretty and friendly! I finally have some babies that love the attention and they make me so happy! None are ODs though! šŸ˜« Fox is such a pretty girl! I used to have a roommate with an Aussie so I know that kind of sheddingā€¦whole pieces of a small dog are left everywhere all the time! I donā€™t miss Howieā€™s fur! šŸ™ƒ
So far today I changed the brooder bedding, got a few of the chicks out to their future run and planted some herbs around the outside and 2 rose bushes. Now all are outside in their little ā€œcorralā€.
Your babies are so cute! I wish I could enjoy being outside planting flowers! The weather here was so weird we never had time to plant the garden or buy flowers this year. We went from cool and wet to SUPER hot and very dry too quickly! Iā€™m tired of spending money on stuff that ends up crispy and dead by mid-July anyway šŸ¤Ŗ We are going on day 6 over 100 degreesā€¦I hate summers here šŸ„µšŸ„µšŸ„µ

Iā€™ve been trying to survive the miserable heat and get ready for our trip this weekend! I have a work deadline on the 30th, my daughterā€™s Girl Scouts camping trip tomorrow, and packing and getting the house ready on Thursday/Friday. Plus I have a sick chicken and need to get all the chicken feed/treats/pine shavingsā€¦so like a good anxiety driven procrastinator I am awake on the BYC instead of sleeping šŸ™ƒšŸ¤Ŗ

Spent a little bit of time with the bantys tonight. Theyā€™re all so cute! When it was time for bed, the little littles seemed to be confused about bedtime and how to get there šŸ˜†
70891100-5526-4E8C-A491-FB2C0C9303BA.jpeg

So Aria helped put them to bed šŸ˜
F3CC3DF0-28C4-4A9B-9267-5BB50259C613.jpeg

Okay I should wrap things up and really get to sleep I suppose! Night all! šŸ„šŸ“

Back
Top Bottom