What did you do with your flock today?

I’ve been trying to survive the miserable heat and get ready for our trip this weekend! I have a work deadline on the 30th, my daughter’s Girl Scouts camping trip tomorrow, and packing and getting the house ready on Thursday/Friday. Plus I have a sick chicken and need to get all the chicken feed/treats/pine shavings…so like a good anxiety driven procrastinator I am awake on the BYC instead of sleeping 🙃🤪

Spent a little bit of time with the bantys tonight. They’re all so cute! When it was time for bed, the little littles seemed to be confused about bedtime and how to get there 😆
View attachment 3167663
So Aria helped put them to bed 😁
View attachment 3167664

Okay I should wrap things up and really get to sleep I suppose! Night all! 🐥🐓
Oh my gosh I love that picture of your daughter and her arm full of joy! Her smile says it all! 😍😍😍

I'm tired of the heat here too! I'm usually happiest when I'm outside.

Enjoy your trip and the gs camping! I used to be a troop leader, but my girls have all outgrown gs. We had so much fun though with camping trips!

Hey @kurby22 how are you liking your egg/carton stamp? Who did you order from? These are the questions I should have asked you b4 ordering mine but I did think of you through my small process 😂

I did a date stamp for my eggs and then a semi custom w/ my # for the carton.

The other morning I found a soft shell egg on the mini coop poopboard. I suspected my Ameraucana Share because at the age of 4 she laid an egg almost every day for a few months and then suddenly stopped a few weeks ago. Plus most of her coop mates are weeks away from POL. 🤔💡
Anywho, yesterday she was not herself so after doing a very slight check as she had green and white discharge w/ very swollen abdomen, she got the treament- calcium, antibiotic, warm salt soak and vent check. I pulled soft unformed egg and shell from her. 20220628_172609.jpg
She is eating pretty good still but I don't expect her appetite to last too long with her still enlarged abdomen. I gave her the same calcium/soak etc treatment this morning and expect will 1-2xs more today. No more green and white discharge, so that is good... but 🤞🙏🤞 for Share.
On the flip side, I forgot to collect eggs the other day so was pretty happy when I opened my boxes and found 3 big stashes. Felt pretty productive. Glad No one went broody lol
20220628_193217.jpg

little ferals got released this morning. I'm gunna miss them but know they are going to be happier with open space.

Well, made sure my chicks didn't have paste butt. Found all my older chickens drinking out of the kiddy pool 🙄 one hen is broody but she keeps stealing eggs. Three of my hens are hiding their eggs. I'm tired of egg hunting. My 2nd batch of chicks have integrated well with the first batch. Overall my flock is doing great!

Hey @kurby22 how are you liking your egg/carton stamp? Who did you order from? These are the questions I should have asked you b4 ordering mine but I did think of you through my small process 😂

The other morning I found a soft shell egg on the mini coop poopboard. I suspected my Ameraucana Share because at the age of 4 she laid an egg almost every day for a few months and then suddenly stopped a few weeks ago. Plus most of her coop mates are weeks away from POL. 🤔💡
Anywho, yesterday she was not herself so after doing a very slight check as she had green and white discharge w/ very swollen abdomen, she got the treament- calcium, antibiotic, warm salt soak and vent check. I pulled soft unformed egg and shell from her. View attachment 3168212
She is eating pretty good still but I don't expect her appetite to last too long with her still enlarged abdomen. I gave her the same calcium/soak etc treatment this morning and expect will 1-2xs more today. No more green and white discharge, so that is good... but 🤞🙏🤞 for Share.
On the flip side, I forgot to collect eggs the other day so was pretty happy when I opened my boxes and found 3 big stashes. Felt pretty productive. Glad No one went broody lolView attachment 3168213
little ferals got released this morning. I'm gunna miss them but know they are going to be happier with open space.
🙏 for Share!

Anywho, yesterday she was not herself so after doing a very slight check as she had green and white discharge w/ very swollen abdomen, she got the treament- calcium, antibiotic, warm salt soak and vent check. I pulled soft unformed egg and shell from her. View attachment 3168212
On the flip side, I forgot to collect eggs the other day so was pretty happy when I opened my boxes and found 3 big stashes. Felt pretty productive. Glad No one went broody lolView attachment 3168213
I got mine on Etsy! It was just the small stamp, but I really like how pretty they look 😍 I bought a normal ink pad too, and practiced a lot. If you use too much ink it bleeds and looks like a black blob…especially on a more porous shell 🤪 But my only regret is only getting one 😆 I think I might need more! She has lots of fun stamps! Can’t wait to see yours!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FabandFeathered

Well, Girl Scouts camping trip was a success and even got a solid nights sleep in my “glamping” tent 🏕
FAE35A36-4ACA-4430-A81C-D06D7A782D40.jpeg

Got home and moved all the babies in the living room to the outside brooder. They’re all plenty feathered and big enough they can’t escape the kennel easily. I have them fresh shavings, water, food, a tiny roost bar and a box to cuddle in for security…and they all piled on each other in a corner outside the box 🤪 It was so quiet in the living room tonight! But will be easier on the chicken sitter to have them consolidated in one area with one set of food and water. Plus I needed the brooder plate for the two babies that are currently zipping in my incubator! One of my OD and one of @ChicksnMore Spangled OEGB! The OEGB is very noisy and yells loud already—probably a boy 😆 It was very polite of them to hatch soon enough I can move them to the brooder before we leave town though 😍 There is one that pipped, and one more that seems to be behind and may not hatch. But that’s okay by me. I’m drowning in chickens! 😆

Didn’t really get to see any of my chickens today though. I was sad! Will be cleaning coops and fun stuff in the morning though so that should help! And then off to spend 4 nights at an Airbnb with these views 😍😍
5B219190-E717-41A5-983F-D3966496046F.jpeg

6D4212F5-6D62-4C33-8DB1-1BE635389C9D.jpeg

Yay for zipping eggs! I just love my spangles. ❤️ Heneviere made sure I'll always keep some just because she's so sweet.
Resized_20210503_090133~2_335683240841893.jpeg

Your ocean trip sounds fun!

My daughter got this wonderful picture of butterflies in the garden!
20170828_131655.jpg

And we got the tiniest rain...like ten drops yesterday. Everyone kept popping out to the porch to watch the skies and hope they'd let loose and pour on us.

The ods were enjoying the morning. This roo is Marshmallow. He looked like a barely toasted marshmallow as a baby.
Resized_20220205_121148_336614309120392.jpeg

Our relatives arrive today so the next week is all family fun time!

@kurby22 you sure know how to have some fun! What an absolute treat- all of it! Looking forward to photos and report when you return to your normal routine 🙄😋😂

@ChicksnMore stunning as always! :love Such the beautiful farm/circus/zoo.
I hope your family time is very enjoyable, safe, happy.

Me? @ the clinic waiting for dh to get his stint out. Seems like we are at the end of this movie- yippee!!

Starting to form my mountain getaway plan, then rethink my mountain getaway plan and then scratch my mountain getaway plan. It looks like they will not be having THE BIG firework show at the park a block away and that relaxes my timing and can push my plan back. (less a warzone, but still a warzone ☹) Which is good 👍 as I'm all for moving it back, waiting longer and staying later.

Still doing the back and forth in my head about splitting my flock for the adventure... half up and half down and what I may gain vs what unwanted dynamics I may add.

Back
Top Bottom