What did you do with your flock today?

Man yall I've been craving dates like something awful! Ever since I tried a new smoothie at tropical smoothies that has peanut butter and dates in it I just can't get enough!
So bout 4 different kinds and styles of em over weekend!
The one from California is heavenly!!!
So got to thinking I'll try to germinate it and grow some date trees!
Then it dawned on me if they are well suited for zone 7a...NOPE! Dadgumit!
All the d'uccles decided to go back to laying today! And Bambi is laying as we speak. All 4 nest boxes were used in the making of these 4 eggs!
Daisy is still broody 🤨

Man yall I've been craving dates like something awful!
I was thinking maybe you were pregnant 🤣🤣🤣 but yeah, smoothies are crave worthy.
My favorite is a "mommy's little helper" banana, peanut butter, shot of expresso with a touch of coco. I make them myself at home sometimes when I need a kick in the butt and a hug at the same time. 😜😋🥰

I was thinking maybe you were pregnant 🤣🤣🤣 but yeah, smoothies are crave worthy.
My favorite is a "mommy's little helper" banana, peanut butter, shot of expresso with a touch of coco. I make them myself at home sometimes when I need a kick in the butt and a hug at the same time. 😜😋🥰
Thank the Lord NO! I mean both my daughters having girls at the same time in April is more than I can handle!
Oh that does sound delish!
Do share the recipe please!
Cause I definitely need a swift kick in the butt and always a hug!
This ice storm is so dreary!!!

Thank the Lord NO! I mean both my daughters having girls at the same time in April is more than I can handle!
Oh that does sound delish!
Do share the recipe please!
Cause I definitely need a swift kick in the butt and always a hug!
This ice storm is so dreary!!!
1/2 a banana, 1 tblsp peanut butter, 1/4c Greek yogurt, 1 tblsp instant cappuccino mix, little bit ice cubes and splash with soy milk as needed. 😋

My dh loves the Costco cappuccino. Works great. Stay away from instant coffee as it may make you sick when served cold 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️. Or can add cold coffee for the liquid

1/2 a banana, 1 tblsp peanut butter, 1/4c Greek yogurt, 1 tblsp instant cappuccino mix, little bit ice cubes and splash with soy milk as needed. 😋

My dh loves the Costco cappuccino. Works great. Stay away from instant coffee as it may make you sick when served cold 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️. Or can add cold coffee for the liquid
Awesome thank you!!!
More ice...not sure our little trees are gonna survive!
@FBMcrazy8 yall getting this mess too?!
What bout anyone else?

Awesome thank you!!!
More ice...not sure our little trees are gonna survive!
@FBMcrazy8 yall getting this mess too?!
What bout anyone else?
We are just getting freezing temps. The ice we have is more from the snow that melted a few days ago but then froze. I hope your tree and chickens make it!!! I hate dealing with ice!

The sun is back out after a few wet and wild days. Girls have been arguing over the nest boxes for the last 4 hours 🤦‍♀️ I'm so glad my closest neighbors are at work today.
After whining about flakey egg people I have only 2 eggs in my refrigerator for us and 3 dozen pre-sold so far today. Girls are laying 12-14 a day now. Hoping today is a record day:fl come on 15.... or more! Still gunna do reconnaissance on the farmers market.

Named my last 4 pullets, so all have names.

Working on bag lables and cards. Other than that sew, sew, sew :th

The sun is back out after a few wet and wild days. Girls have been arguing over the nest boxes for the last 4 hours 🤦‍♀️ I'm so glad my closest neighbors are at work today.
After whining about flakey egg people I have only 2 eggs in my refrigerator for us and 3 dozen pre-sold so far today. Girls are laying 12-14 a day now. Hoping today is a record day:fl come on 15.... or more! Still gunna do reconnaissance on the farmers market.

Named my last 4 pullets, so all have names.

Working on bag lables and cards. Other than that sew, sew, sew :th
Hooray for good egg sells and hens that love their nest boxes! Go girls!

Quiet day in the kitchen cooking up a storm today. My youngest did my pet chores for me so I didn't even get out to see my birds. Have some eggs in the incubator for a friend and the first one hatched tonight. Rest should hatch tomorrow and I'll have some free space again. Yay for free space in the incubator...lol.

Today was NOT a quiet day for me! I was working and heard chickens making a raucous and then chickens screaming so I looked up in time to see Koda barreling towed the window, then feathers and then a part of a white wing. I went flying out of my chair barefoot, around the corner, screaming at Koda and yelling NOOOO!

I got outside and was still yelling and Koda came slinking around the corner chickenless and I yelled that he was SO naughty and braced myself for the carnage 😢

Instead I saw one chicken frantically trying to get into the other chicken runs and 5 missing chickens and a bunch of white feathers all over the lawn. So I picked up Pistachio and carried her around while searching for the others. I finally found Ariana Sushi and the Balls in the fenced area hiding under the tarp covering my quail pens. Parmesan started yelling for me and she was in the neighbors yard behind my house. So I had to go drive over there to try and get her before something else did. Trudge through the neighbors acre lot to the back only to find she’d gotten brave and flown back over the fence into my yard. So I rushed back over and rescued her from the big chicken run she’d flown into and they were pecking her and stuff. Poor baby! So I had 5/6 chickens and couldn't find Brie. I kept looking for a body…and then I heard another chicken yelling and found her in my other neighbors yard yelling at me. They weren’t home and their gate was locked, so I spent 20 mins standing at a gap in the fence calling for her. Not sure why I thought she’d come to me, she runs from me all the time—but sure enough she finally did! Everyone seems okay other than shocked and a few feathers lighter. Ariana Sushi took the worst of it and has a bit of beak missing and a bloodied wattle. My Fitbit registered an hour of intense activity and it took another hour to finally relax and catch my breath! Thankful they are okay and thankful that Koda is a good boy and knows when he’s in trouble!! This was right after I came inside…
0E765B00-A7F9-4DF5-9757-48DACCA1B5AE.jpeg
C991F18A-EC29-4410-9C26-00DF71698F15.jpeg

And then later when he was kissing up…so….I’m beat and headed for bed really soon! 🥴

Today was NOT a quiet day for me! I was working and heard chickens making a raucous and then chickens screaming so I looked up in time to see Koda barreling towed the window, then feathers and then a part of a white wing. I went flying out of my chair barefoot, around the corner, screaming at Koda and yelling NOOOO!

I got outside and was still yelling and Koda came slinking around the corner chickenless and I yelled that he was SO naughty and braced myself for the carnage 😢

Instead I saw one chicken frantically trying to get into the other chicken runs and 5 missing chickens and a bunch of white feathers all over the lawn. So I picked up Pistachio and carried her around while searching for the others. I finally found Ariana Sushi and the Balls in the fenced area hiding under the tarp covering my quail pens. Parmesan started yelling for me and she was in the neighbors yard behind my house. So I had to go drive over there to try and get her before something else did. Trudge through the neighbors acre lot to the back only to find she’d gotten brave and flown back over the fence into my yard. So I rushed back over and rescued her from the big chicken run she’d flown into and they were pecking her and stuff. Poor baby! So I had 5/6 chickens and couldn't find Brie. I kept looking for a body…and then I heard another chicken yelling and found her in my other neighbors yard yelling at me. They weren’t home and their gate was locked, so I spent 20 mins standing at a gap in the fence calling for her. Not sure why I thought she’d come to me, she runs from me all the time—but sure enough she finally did! Everyone seems okay other than shocked and a few feathers lighter. Ariana Sushi took the worst of it and has a bit of beak missing and a bloodied wattle. My Fitbit registered an hour of intense activity and it took another hour to finally relax and catch my breath! Thankful they are okay and thankful that Koda is a good boy and knows when he’s in trouble!! This was right after I came inside…
View attachment 3393136View attachment 3393139
And then later when he was kissing up…so….I’m beat and headed for bed really soon! 🥴
Ok. Knowing everyone is okay it is all a pretty funny story that you can tell at parties. Just have a few cocktails before you do so you don't cry lol

Hard to stay mad at a face like that. No wonder he was out causing trouble

Back
Top Bottom