What did you do with your flock today?

@kurby22 oh Koda!!! Well atleast you were able to find everyone and they are all ok!!!
Sounds like a day you've had for certain!

Days wrapped up and I'm relaxing with the little black and white chicks ❤️. Another hatched so that's three like that from this group. I know the dad is blue Brie, but not sure on the mom and my genetics knowledge isn't good enough to look and know anything. But I'm enjoying watching their feathers come in and the excuse to snuggle the chicks...lol. I'm wondering if this is splash without mahogany genes though. Kirin is splash with mahogany I think.

Snug is definitely tri-color but not like any chick I've hatched yet. I'm used to brown where Snug has white and white where Snug has brown. View attachment 3393166View attachment 3393167
The second one that hatched is named Bug ands has black coming in heavy. Think it's also going to carry a little brown. It's gone from silvery backed to kinda agouti looking on the back.View attachment 3393168
The third is too young still. It's the cutest yet and a little different markings from the other two. View attachment 3393169
Now what to name the third little tyke? 😃
They are so adorable!!! What breeds are they!?

@FBMcrazy8 oh how exciting!!! Cannot wait to hear what breed you got to hatch!!!

@TropicalBabies that's a lot of eggs!!! I got 5 yesterday from 6 that are laying and thought I was doing well! The d'uccles are back at it...and gave me all 3 in same nest box today! Whereas yesterday they each used different ones! Cracks me up how picky they all can be from day to day!
Just like me lololol!!!

We had perfect clear weather this morning and I never would have guessed we would get another deluge of rain, but we did and are. Chickens are quiet for once lol. Nice to hear rain instead of chickens yelling for a change. Guess the rain has surprised us all.
Was able to set df arbor this morning, pick oranges and juiced a bunch, yum. Finally picked another soursop.
20230202_144250.jpg
20230202_133705.jpg
20230202_144306.jpg
20230202_141602.jpg

Poured the left over mixed cement into saved containers to make more chicken pedestals and then cleaned my favorite part of our yard. I'm hoping we can form a pad and use the blue rock and opened bag of Portland cement for the outside shower. Been waiting for a looooong time to do that. Love my summertime showers out there.
Waiting out the rain so I can go collect eggs. WITH the fairy egg my count was 15 yesterday.

Did some needed chicken chores, did some chicken coop work, and then collected eggs. Soooo, I didn’t collect yesterday…but still! Holy eggs!

54475C18-7965-4A79-B584-66E22F3A46CB.jpeg

Also, did I mention I’m making a Scraps coop? It’s not at ALL pretty but it’s gonna offer more space for the general population bantams 😬 4x2x4 we just had to buy a couple more sheets of cheap $6 OSB board for the walls! In one day I got this much put together!

D966ED24-5DCB-4C3C-A01D-EDE45E40AB10.jpeg

I took tomorrow off so I can get a bunch done. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 it comes together well 🤪

Did some needed chicken chores, did some chicken coop work, and then collected eggs. Soooo, I didn’t collect yesterday…but still! Holy eggs!

View attachment 3394073

Also, did I mention I’m making a Scraps coop? It’s not at ALL pretty but it’s gonna offer more space for the general population bantams 😬 4x2x4 we just had to buy a couple more sheets of cheap $6 OSB board for the walls! In one day I got this much put together!

View attachment 3394084
I took tomorrow off so I can get a bunch done. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 it comes together well 🤪
Love scrap material coops! So charming and the best IMO! I love the challenge of creating things on the fly and seeing what you can do using up materials ♡

OMG @kurby :eek:that is 2 days worth of eggs. What do you do with them all?!! Your floating in eggs ♡♡♡ How many chickens do you have now?!

Love scrap material coops! So charming and the best IMO! I love the challenge of creating things on the fly and seeing what you can do using up materials ♡

OMG @kurby :eek:that is 2 days worth of eggs. What do you do with them all?!! Your floating in eggs ♡♡♡ How many chickens do you have now?!
I know, I am going to be in trouble come spring I think! Might start selling them to friends now that prices are going up! $6/dozen instead of $9 seems pretty good! ☺️

I decided the scrap coop needed just a bit of pretty…so I bought some cheap peel and stick wallpaper 😄 $15 for 115 linear inches! Gotta love my dysfunctional relationship with Amazon. The outside will be painted light yellow with white trim, and the inside an antique rose color with the wallpaper wall. I like the wallpaper in hopes the coop will be easier to clean and protect from bugs in the wood. Cheap additions that go a long way to easier cleaning! My kind of solution! Here’s my color palette ☺️☺️ I might be enjoying this whole building thing a bit more than I planned to haha 😆
BE68D266-54AF-4B96-A5A1-BD25D54F99C7.jpeg

I know, I am going to be in trouble come spring I think! Might start selling them to friends now that prices are going up! $6/dozen instead of $9 seems pretty good! ☺️

I decided the scrap coop needed just a bit of pretty…so I bought some cheap peel and stick wallpaper 😄 $15 for 115 linear inches! Gotta love my dysfunctional relationship with Amazon. The outside will be painted light yellow with white trim, and the inside an antique rose color with the wallpaper wall. I like the wallpaper in hopes the coop will be easier to clean and protect from bugs in the wood. Cheap additions that go a long way to easier cleaning! My kind of solution! Here’s my color palette ☺️☺️ I might be enjoying this whole building thing a bit more than I planned to haha 😆
View attachment 3394176
I like the sound of the easy to clean wallpaper forsure and it is really pretty ♡ Love the happy colors. Looking forward to seeing its progress.

I'd pay $6 for your pretty eggs ♡♡♡

Yeah, Amazon... they sure make it all so convenient. I find I have my moments too. Many things I can not find on island, plus the drive to not find etc etc. Amazon rocks. I am amazed when I order something for the kids and it gets there within hours. 🤯🤯🤯 Just hard not to use them when they are so good.

@kurby22 oh Koda!!! Well atleast you were able to find everyone and they are all ok!!!
Sounds like a day you've had for certain!

They are so adorable!!! What breeds are they!?

@FBMcrazy8 oh how exciting!!! Cannot wait to hear what breed you got to hatch!!!

@TropicalBabies that's a lot of eggs!!! I got 5 yesterday from 6 that are laying and thought I was doing well! The d'uccles are back at it...and gave me all 3 in same nest box today! Whereas yesterday they each used different ones! Cracks me up how picky they all can be from day to day!
Just like me lololol!!!
They're the dwarf chickens ❤️
We had perfect clear weather this morning and I never would have guessed we would get another deluge of rain, but we did and are. Chickens are quiet for once lol. Nice to hear rain instead of chickens yelling for a change. Guess the rain has surprised us all.
Was able to set df arbor this morning, pick oranges and juiced a bunch, yum. Finally picked another soursop. View attachment 3393968View attachment 3393965View attachment 3393971View attachment 3393972
Poured the left over mixed cement into saved containers to make more chicken pedestals and then cleaned my favorite part of our yard. I'm hoping we can form a pad and use the blue rock and opened bag of Portland cement for the outside shower. Been waiting for a looooong time to do that. Love my summertime showers out there.
Waiting out the rain so I can go collect eggs. WITH the fairy egg my count was 15 yesterday.
Your photos are always such eye and soul candy. I love a green world ❤️.
I also love the idea of the cement pedestals. I have a bag of cement in the garage that needs a use. And outdoor showers!!! I want...lol.

View attachment 3394073

View attachment 3394084
Wow on those eggs! Your scrap wood coop is looking wonderful! I'm also a fan of playing with wood bits and just seeing what I can do ❤️

View attachment 3394176
Love how you're sprucing it up! It's going to be a pretty coop. Maybe I should look at selling eggs...I've always just given them away and fed the extras back to the birds.

I like the sound of the easy to clean wallpaper forsure and it is really pretty ♡ Love the happy colors. Looking forward to seeing its progress.

I'd pay $6 for your pretty eggs ♡♡♡

Yeah, Amazon... they sure make it all so convenient. I find I have my moments too. Many things I can not find on island, plus the drive to not find etc etc. Amazon rocks. I am amazed when I order something for the kids and it gets there within hours. 🤯🤯🤯 Just hard not to use them when they are so good.
Me too on Amazon. My mom got sick over the holidays and her eyes started bothering her something awful. The doc prescribed steroid eye drops but they made the dryness worse. So I went on google and looked for what could help, then went on an ordering spree on Amazon and sent her everything google said might work. So fast and easy! How can I hate that?

Me too on Amazon. My mom got sick over the holidays and her eyes started bothering her something awful. The doc prescribed steroid eye drops but they made the dryness worse. So I went on google and looked for what could help, then went on an ordering spree on Amazon and sent her everything google said might work. So fast and easy! How can I hate that?
Hope moms eyes have settled. My dh is on drops for life. He got shingles in the head and they were slow to find and slow to help. Damage was done by the time we switched docs. Bad business for my honey ☹ Best of luck with mom ❤

I also love the idea of the cement pedestals. I have a bag of cement in the garage that needs a use. And outdoor showers!!! I want...lol.
My cement pedestals are one of my better ideas that is forsure. I want to mosaic them- at least my new ones. Maybe use them for plants...?
Cement was slow to set. Maybe cool weather, maybe bad mix, we usually do the 3 part instead of the readymix. DH is usually lighter on the cement than I am and I always worry about the integrity of his batches lol 🤣 (women should rule the world). Anywho, where to find the time...???
20221229_072527~3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom