What did you do with your flock today?

Water is hot and egg is cold? I always put my eggs in the cool water and then add flame or my eggs will burst. But if this is how you have always done it and never had a problem then I'd lean towards a thinner shell? Fresh egg? I know if my eggs are too fresh they are kind of a pain to peel.
Fresh eggs cooked in an instant pot peel really well. My friend gave me this tip, and it works. No more waiting to age eggs before making boiled ones. If you want to know, place eggs on trivet, add a cup of water, set time for 5 min.(6 for bigger ones). When time is up, let sit for 5 more min. Then release pressure and plunge in iced water. Peel as usual when they are cool enough to handle.

On those both look wonderful! I've been thinking about Hawaii...lol.

Tami's got this crazy focus that's usually awesome...unless she's trying to talk AND drive 🤣. She drives good when she's quiet 🤐. I'm so glad she's the last to teach. She turns 18 at the end of this month. All my kids were born in February 🤣 :idunno . So anyway, bless her for her patience the last couple of years. She's off to college in August.

I boil my eggs this way too. Straight from the fridge to the boiling water, then into cool water when done...makes them a lot easier to peel. The fresh eggs usually don't crack from it. So my guess would be the egg was older or had a flaw in the shell already. :idunno
No unnecessary talking while behind the wheel, for now. Good rule to follow for your sanity and safety.

20230208_184318.jpg

I'll never tire of finding a baby egg in the nest box ♡ think it was Jellybeans but it could be Kaleo (o Kalani) very exciting whoever it is! :lol:💕

Nohope perked up tonight after some vitamin B complex and E and an Amoxicillin. He ate a bunch and drank almost a cup of water. ❤️ And tonight he is patiently allowing me to pet him while I drink wine 😍
View attachment 3399925
I'm so glad you have this time together.

Browsing through byc I saw some of your baby pictures from last year June 22? and read your post of hope about breeding etc. Such beautiful babies. Broke my heart.... the whole thing just breaks my heart 💔😥
I was thinking of all the folks who got bird flu and had their whole flocks taken from them instantly. I would be devastated. Thinking like that is one of the few reasons I closed my flock. I just want to enjoy them as they are with all of their weird antics. Never know when things will change. We have no guarantees.

Last edited:
Today I picked some of the few remaining starfruit from the tree. I tossed about 4 in the yard but hung onto some for myself. Spider saw them in my hand and came up to me and well, I took a few bites and then fed him and the crowd that gathered. Seems eating is way more fun when mom is feeding you.
My babies are wonderful and I am so lucky to have had that moment with them.

Fly trap update. The widemouthed trap I will not do again. It was the least effective. The cat treat traps are the stars especially with opening up my V's a little more. For those of us who are bothered by these things 🪰🪰🪰🪰
Hoping the stiff breeze blew them away along with the mosquitos today. 🤞 nasty little 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom