What did you do with your flock today?

I lost my little Cochin baby and I have NO idea what was wrong. She hatched out on her own and did such a good job. That is 2 Cochins that have just died on me. The only 2 to hatch. I have 2 more in the incubator so I guess we will see how that goes. I have 3 more littles that have hatched though. One being a Pavlovskaya.
Oh so sorry! That is really tuff.
Are you offering chick grit? Self regulating heat? That is all I can think of. I'm so sorry :hugs been a long hard haul.

Thanks for the advice about the boys, all. So far, they are besties again and back to co-operating in looking after the ladies. I really do think Stan has just pushed Ferdy's patience to the limit and he's had to teach Stan it's not acceptable. I've attached some photos of them post fight. I need to get photos of them now as both have black eyes! They were both subject to a severe telling off from Gladys yesterday, it was quite comical to watch. I told her it was a bit late to start disciplining them now!
It was Gladys' 4th birthday yesterday too. I baked her a peanut cake with yoghurt frosting and she gave me an egg, first of the year for her.
The girls are now giving me 4 eggs daily and they're stacking up fast!
I made my mom a rose, raspberry and white chocolate meringue cake with some of the spare eggs. Definitely not up to Popo's standards but it tasted nice.View attachment 3441442View attachment 3441443View attachment 3441446View attachment 3441447View attachment 3441445
Those guys! Probably just wanted mommy's attention 💕 lol

That cakes looks wonderful. Such a good daughter and great baker! Special occasion? 😄

Hello! This is a place to post pictures/talk about what you and your flock have done today.

I was on a zoom call earlier and Iris, my rooster, decided to stand behind me and crow repeatedly. Thankfully I was on mute, but it was still annoying. They couldn’t see him, but they could see me trying to make him quiet, which was a little embarrassing. :lol:
Here’s a pic of my boy with some mini roses.
View attachment 2128202

What about you guys? Have you done anything interesting with your flock today?

Here are a few pictures of my birds.
View attachment 2128859View attachment 2128860View attachment 2128833View attachment 2128869
View attachment 2128894
You have some spectacular chickens!!

Was putting in food & water for my crazy flock (18) 7 week old RIRs - gonna have to rethink that tractor they are in. I have to lift up the large hatch-like rounded top then they all come flying out scratching me, then when i put food in they all haven't figured out how to get back in and I have to do it one by one...ugghh. I think they will soon be ready to be integrated to the older chickens in our secure pen. They are just nuts and I am hoping (and praying) that it goes smoothly. They are big & strong. I am sure theres at least 5 roos in there if not more. Wish me luck-Ill need it with this wild bunch😰

Those guys! Probably just wanted mommy's attention 💕 lol

That cakes looks wonderful. Such a good daughter and great baker! Special occasion? 😄
They've both been coming for hugs and snuggles 3 or 4 times a day since it happened so maybe you're right! I hope so... 🤣
The cake was for our Mother's Day. Youngest brother made a roast beef dinner and I had to do dessert. It's a bit tricky as I'm allergic to butter, my middle brother has celiac disease so can't have gluten and hates dark chocolate (foolish man!) and my youngest brother is allergic to potatoes and rice so that rules out most gluten free flours too. I figured meringue was about the best I could come up with!

Was putting in food & water for my crazy flock (18) 7 week old RIRs - gonna have to rethink that tractor they are in. I have to lift up the large hatch-like rounded top then they all come flying out scratching me, then when i put food in they all haven't figured out how to get back in and I have to do it one by one...ugghh. I think they will soon be ready to be integrated to the older chickens in our secure pen. They are just nuts and I am hoping (and praying) that it goes smoothly. They are big & strong. I am sure theres at least 5 roos in there if not more. Wish me luck-Ill need it with this wild bunch😰
I don't think I could handle that! My 5 bantams and one standard hen are more than enough for me at the moment. In my dreams I'd love more. Have definite animal hoarding tendencies!

Back
Top Bottom