What did you do with your flock today?

I would imagine that the dry pox was a severe case due to the baby’s lowered immune system from all the other things that challenge feral birds! Wet pox is mainly inside and attacks the wet tissues. I think even dry pox can get so bad that it gets in their eye tissues and sinuses. That case of pox was really advanced :-(
X2. That is my take too. Unfortunately... from lots of experience 🤦‍♀️ and some reading lol 😓

Well, we are supposed to get our new chickens today. This is our first time having chickens. We finished the coop yesterday in the rain, and now we're ready to have them delivered. However, it's STILL raining today, and has been all day long. So, I'm not sure how excited our friend is about going out into the pouring rain to try to herd a bunch of chickens and bring them over to us. It's all good, though. We are super excited to be getting them! We are getting four of them to start. Here are some photos of the coop we finished yesterday.

20230527_200501.jpg

20230526_194041.jpg

20230526_194027.jpg

20230526_163839.jpg

Well, we are supposed to get our new chickens today. This is our first time having chickens. We finished the coop yesterday in the rain, and now we're ready to have them delivered. However, it's STILL raining today, and has been all day long. So, I'm not sure how excited our friend is about going out into the pouring rain to try to herd a bunch of chickens and bring them over to us. It's all good, though. We are super excited to be getting them! We are getting four of them to start. Here are some photos of the coop we finished yesterday.

View attachment 3521174

View attachment 3521175

View attachment 3521176

View attachment 3521177
What a lovely coop and run. It will certainly do the trick for 4 girls. What breeds will you be adopting?
I also see you have a cutout of my ex-boyfriend, cept I was sure his knuckles were dragging 🤔😝 Must be his close cousin😂

I have a question. My Barred Rock pullets are 9 weeks old more or less. Their comb and wattles haven't really grown in size at all. Is that normal? I figured I'd be seeing red combs on top of their heads by now.

Thanks!
Be patient. Pullets combs don't grow as fast as cockerels. They'll reach full size by the time they're hens at one year. They'll also begin turning red just before they begin laying.

This past Wednesday we went and picked our two new pullets, a Partridge Rock and a Rhode Island Blue, both are 14 weeks old. I got them from the same place I got them from last year and they looked excellent and both fit right in with last years girls with no problems. Been going out every night about nine and putting them on the roost post but that's no big deal I had to train them last year. Really proud of the new girls : )

This past Wednesday we went and picked our two new pullets, a Partridge Rock and a Rhode Island Blue, both are 14 weeks old. I got them from the same place I got them from last year and they looked excellent and both fit right in with last years girls with no problems. Been going out every night about nine and putting them on the roost post but that's no big deal I had to train them last year. Really proud of the new girls : )
Photos?

Back
Top Bottom