What did you do with your flock today?

I bought a bag of feed at the local hardware store today. X-Cel brand, non-medicated chick/grower crumbles. 20% protein, which is good and only $20 bucks a 50# bag. My barred rocks seemed to grow at a good pace eating up the last bag, so I think it's good feed.

I've been getting my pair of black copper Marans roos acclimated to being around me. I sit with them, drink a beer, feed them dandelions and scrambled eggs. They're still kind of skittish around me, but they're slowly coming around.

Bought a 150' roll of 18" tall, 1" hex chicken wire today. Going to run a low chicken fence around my garden area, then run several strands of electric fence over that for the deer. I think the chickens will see the electric strands as a barrier to trying to fly over the chicken wire. I hope.

Other than that, I didn't have the time to let the pullets run in the yard today. I might do that a little later. The definitely enjoy their occasional freedom from the run! And they deserve it, too. I'm cooking some pork chops, and they haven't sampled that yet, but I bet they'll like it.
Sounds like you had a great day.

Busy day today on The Chicken Wing Ranch!
Set up two new water stations with pvc cups— so far so good. Should work great for meaties.

Tried to put a mating saddle on Big Momma— she was not happy at all! It was amusing yet sad watching her run away from it, but she also ran from me. Eventually she gave up running from me and stood still while I removed..she even let me pet her while she calmed down. My poor lol sweetie.

Set 8 eggs under Sweets, broody again. Today is day zero. fingers crossed.

setting up for meaties arriving next week, putting finishing touches on the tractor.

Collar bone healed up? Glad you get to start soon as well. Didn't realize how hard just moving a thumb can be. We'll both get stronger everyday. Sam jumped from the railing onto the plant, from the evidence. They were little chickadee like birds.
Poor little babies! creatures can't help their natures though.
Collar bone is great, rotator cuff less so but it's just going to take time. The roofing materials for the run arrived yesterday evening so now I'm itching to get going with that. I also have 20 squash and 50 sweetcorn plants to go in today. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy!

Good morning & Happy 🌺 Aloha Friday!!
It is an amazing morning here. Lots to do and look forward to today.
Though, chickens got grounded to the run cuz DH was grumpy.
View attachment 3526795
Good thing DH sleeps in and i have my mornings ♡♡♡ Mochi's big accomplishment- Up the avo tree onto the arbor and then back down, all by himself!!View attachment 3526804View attachment 3526808
Yesterday was the orange treeView attachment 3526801View attachment 3526809
Such a sweet boy and terrific accomplishment because of his sight impairment ♡♡♡
With Mo'o gone ☹😿 I have my funny family back. Forest and Mango had a 30 minute play session in the living room this morning. And my bag station has been re-taken over by Marley, Forest and Mochi. All is well. Zoom in👇 View attachment 3526819
Well, I had better get busy. Bag orders to fill and trapping kitties this eve and late into the night. Have a terrific day all!!!
Great job, Mochi! 😍🤗
Elliot can see perfectly well and he got stuck on top of the shower enclosure! Too scared to get down, the big wuss! 🤣

Yeah, I am really hoping the one with wry neck is a temporary scenario due to swelling or irritation. It's eating and drinking and yelling fine, so I have hope. As long as it doesn't get worse. Aria helped me hold them, but they're slippery little buggers! The other little baby appears to be a lost cause. He is not getting better and I may need to cull it myself :(
:hugs
Good morning & Happy 🌺 Aloha Friday!!
It is an amazing morning here. Lots to do and look forward to today.
Though, chickens got grounded to the run cuz DH was grumpy.
View attachment 3526795
Good thing DH sleeps in and i have my mornings ♡♡♡ Mochi's big accomplishment- Up the avo tree onto the arbor and then back down, all by himself!!View attachment 3526804View attachment 3526808
Yesterday was the orange treeView attachment 3526801View attachment 3526809
Such a sweet boy and terrific accomplishment because of his sight impairment ♡♡♡
With Mo'o gone ☹😿 I have my funny family back. Forest and Mango had a 30 minute play session in the living room this morning. And my bag station has been re-taken over by Marley, Forest and Mochi. All is well. Zoom in👇 View attachment 3526819
Well, I had better get busy. Bag orders to fill and trapping kitties this eve and late into the night. Have a terrific day all!!!
That's adorable 😻 Bet it's wonderful to have your happy babies relaxed and enjoying again ❤️
We are going to add shavings to the coop floor this evening. On Fridays, we take my 93-year-old dad to estate sales. He lives with us. He's very healthy, takes no prescription medications, hand-sews beautiful handbags, and makes designer boxes for a hobby. He gives all of them away. Because we take him out each week for sales, we get pretty much nothing done otherwise.

When we got home, I did manage to install my coop cam. It's motion-activated, spins 350-degrees, has a flashing light, an audible warning, and an alarm when it senses motion. It will take me a few days to massage the settings for optimum performance, but it works great.

Oh, and I managed to get stung by a bee too. Such is life.

We didn't get any eggs today, though, and that is disappointing. I thought we'd get at least two or three each day. Maybe it'll take a while for them to get acclimated to their new home.
Kudos to your dad! He sounds like an amazing man ❤️

Back
Top Bottom