What do Bielefelders hens look like?

and1223

Chirping
Apr 6, 2020
I recently obtained fertile bielefelder eggs and i’m a little confused as to how this breed hens supposed to look like. I’ve seen some with grey bodies with multi color necks and others who have a full multi color body with a little grey. I have this picture I copied from a website that sells them but not sure if all these are bielefelder hens. Is anyone familiar with these breed of chicken and it’s true color Who sells the multi color body hens?

Attachments

• CC97EB02-920B-417E-8522-A5F374F4FB0C.png
    CC97EB02-920B-417E-8522-A5F374F4FB0C.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 53
I recently obtained fertile bielefelder eggs and i’m a little confused as to how this breed hens supposed to look like. I’ve seen some with grey bodies with multi color necks and others who have a full multi color body with a little grey. I have this picture I copied from a website that sells them but not sure if all these are bielefelder hens. Is anyone familiar with these breed of chicken and it’s true color Who sells the multi color body hens?
I just
You might want to post example pics.
It's hard to follow from the description.

I just posted a photo . Maybe these are pullets not showing their true color?

Sorry that didn't show here the last time.
The two are pullets. The more colorful one is a cockerel.

The pullets in your photo are Bielefelders, but they don't have barring as nice as some I've seen. Maybe it develops better later on or maybe those just aren't the best examples of the breed. I'm not sure since I haven't raised them but I'm sure someone who does will drop by eventually.

According to wiki bielefelders are either a cross between malines and american barred rocks or welsummers and american barred rocks. Based on what welsummers look like, the welsummer x barred rock is the rust colored and gray one, while the malines x barred rock are the more plain gray and ones.

According to wiki bielefelders are either a cross between malines and american barred rocks or welsummers and american barred rocks. Based on what welsummers look like, the welsummer x barred rock is the rust colored and gray one, while the malines x barred rock are the more plain gray and ones.
False, false, false. Bielefelders are an established pure breed, not hybrids. They breed true, and if they were all purchased from the same place they should look the same.
The lighter one is a male, not a different breed/strain.

OP, Bielefelder hens all look the same. Same with the roosters.
But the crele pattern looks different on male and females.
Females have deep brown bodies with golden necks and reddish chests, and slight barring.
Males look more silvery, with red and gold leakage and strong barring.

So you are just seeing two sides of the same coin.
464BAB95-324F-44DA-A855-9B5BE51B270A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom