* 1/2 bunch swiss chard
* 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup skim milk
* salt
* pepper

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash and dry swiss chard. Cut off the very ends of the stems. Roughly chop (leaving stems intact) the chard.
3. Add onion and Chard to the oil and saute until stems are tender (do not overcook). Add salt & pepper to taste.
4. Meanwhile, grate 2.5 cups of cheese. Use whatever varieties you want/have. Be creative! I used Swiss, Cheddar, Parmesan, and Cojito.
5. Wisk eggs. Add milk and cheese. Fold in the onion/chard mixture. Add salt & pepper to taste, if necessary.
6. Pour into a pie dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and no liquid seeps when you poke it with a knife.

I found this and it sounds great!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use it instead of spinach in a quiche!

Edited to say: I guess I got beat on that one.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Chop it up and saute with a little olive oil, minced garlic and salt to taste. It really cooks down, so use a lot. Oh yeah, make sure and rinse it several times in a large bowl of water. It retains a lot of dirt from the garden.

Last edited:
I know you can feed kale to chickens, so why not chard? I also vote for saute w ith garlic and oil, and it's nice tossed with pasta or grains that way. Especially rainbow! Cut the leaves off the stems and cook the chopped stems before the leaves, they take longer to cook.

Quote:
That's how I do it too. Mmmmm! Love it. Maybe a light drizzle of balsamic vinegar but personally I like it better, the simpler it is.

Back
Top Bottom