what do i do about the could and my rabbit

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
hi i just got a six year old rabbit and she was doing really good but it got down to the 50s and her ears fill cold what can i do to keep hr warm she lives in a outdoor hutch and i took her in side so she could warm up but she did not really like being in another new place. what should i do

Lots of straw and make her water warm. Put a tarp over her hutch if there’s any open areas. If you can get and want another rabbit, a friend for her might help. They can lay together and get warm. I have two rabbits and this is what I do

Lots of straw and make her water warm. Put a tarp over her hutch if there’s any open areas. If you can get and want another rabbit, a friend for her might help. They can lay together and get warm. I have two rabbits and this is what I do

I would really advise against getting another rabbit. Two rabbits can get along just fine until they don't. Then it can get pretty bloody. In addition to the above suggestions, you might set up a heat lamp. Just make sure the rabbit cannot reach the cord. How did the rabbit look when you checked on her? Did she look relaxed or was she all hunched up? Generally rabbits tolerate cold a lot better than they do heat. Do you have access to a nest box? if you can borrow one you could put straw and shavings in it and the rabbit could shelter in it if it was so inclined. Moving the rabbit from a cold place to a warm one and back is hard on them.

Could you send some of that warm weather my way?

Seriously, though, you don't have to worry about a rabbit in the fifties, unless she was house-raised before you got her. Give her enough bedding to burrow in and she'll take care of herself.

I also recommend against getting another rabbit, doe or buck. As cassie said---recipe for a bloodbath.

I would really advise against getting another rabbit. Two rabbits can get along just fine until they don't. Then it can get pretty bloody. In addition to the above suggestions, you might set up a heat lamp. Just make sure the rabbit cannot reach the cord. How did the rabbit look when you checked on her? Did she look relaxed or was she all hunched up? Generally rabbits tolerate cold a lot better than they do heat. Do you have access to a nest box? if you can borrow one you could put straw and shavings in it and the rabbit could shelter in it if it was so inclined. Moving the rabbit from a cold place to a warm one and back is hard on them.
She has a spot to get out of the wind like a nesting box that’s belt in to the hutch and I did move her from the outside to the in side a good couple of times thinking she was cold and I was helping her but know she is scared of me to hold her and I’m javeing a hard time with her liking me what should I do will she ever like me thanks to every one

Back
Top Bottom