What do I do with a poor tiny one winged rooster?

He looks to be part EE to me. Poor little guy! He'll be a great house chicken....Except when he crows in the morning at 5am and wakes everybody up!
tongue.png

He's not a Seabright, he's a D'Anvers. No one would care about a one winged rooster unless they wanted to show. Wings don't do much in a backyard flock.

I had a bantam mix that was not going to leave any of the other roosters alone. Every day there was more blood and more bloody battles with this little guy. I finally brought him in the house and tried on a parrot flight suit I originally bought for my eclectus. It fit him better than the parrots, and today Mikey is the life of all the parties we take him to. I think you should give him a chance, he will get used to the underwear! It uses a pantyliner, I cut it in half to save some room in there, and works fantastic! Once I figure out how to post pictures, you can see all the suits I have made him. Even a little tuxedo so he could be ring chicken at a wedding. And of course, Santa chicken. Spoil him, that's why we are all here!!

Quote:
I would *love* to see pictures!! Trying to picture how a pantyliner would work.

I can't figure out how to multi-quote...

danischi24~ The guy I got him from said there were mixes of D'Anvers, Seabrights, and quail, so I just assumed Seabright mix. Good to know what he really is!

colebarnhart~ That's terrible! lol

I have a garage that is far enough away from the rest of the house that we won't hear crowing. And neither will the neighbors. That's the biggest problem as far as keeping him outside. I don't want to make the neighbors mad, we just moved in 6 months ago.

www.avianfashions.com. I should send them a picture, as soon as I figure out how to! It's a stretchy pouch that velcros together behind the wings. He is mostly oeg, and wears a size 8. And sorry to say, I have kept dozens of "transitioning birds" in the tub in the spare bathroom. Close the door if the cat gets too curious. And make sure to put down the lid on the toilet. Almost drowned another bird, but mouth-to-beak worked that time!!

Back
Top Bottom