What do I do with my duck

Nov 27, 2023
I got ducklings for a lady approximately 2 weeks old now, one passed away suddenly today without any signs except she wouldn’t stand up. I have only one duck now sadly and am very scared to leave her alone and don’t know what to do considering I can’t get another one, if the best option taking her to a farm with others even tho it’s not my first choice?

I got ducklings for a lady approximately 2 weeks old now, one passed away suddenly today without any signs except she wouldn’t stand up. I have only one duck now sadly and am very scared to leave her alone and don’t know what to do considering I can’t get another one, if the best option taking her to a farm with others even tho it’s not my first choice?
No, not unless that farm has other ducklings the same age. I would get the remaining duckling a mirror and a stuffed animal and spend lots of time with it.

We cannot be certain what happened to your duckling: the newly hatched stage can have lots that could go wrong. But diet might be a factor. What are you feeding your duckling? They are growing very fast at the moment and need the nutrition in starter crumbles. I add extra niacin, in the form of nutritional yeast, if I am using chick starter crumbles. Your remaining duck needs good nutrition and plenty of water to drink and dunk its head. It still needs keeping warm at 2 weeks old 90F for first week, 85F for second week and 80F for the third week.

I agree keep your little fluffie and provide it with your frequent attention with a mirror and, a soft toy to sleep on. I literally had the last little one I hand raised on the table between me and my laptop while I was working.

20210722_103537.jpg

Then see if you can get another couple of 2-3 week old ducklings. You can look on social media duck groups and ask around other duck keepers

Back
Top Bottom