What do I have

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by badbowtie, Apr 20, 2012.

1. badbowtie

badbowtie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2011
    I got 16 chicks weeks ago and split them with my neighbor they were born on march 1st and I am not sure but am really thinking I got a bunch of roosters. Here are some pictures. What you experts seeing?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    I see 2 roosters, the chick n in the corner in pic 2, and the chick on the right in the last pic. Are these mixed breeds? Your black chick with a gold neck looks like a black sexlink, but the other look like crossbreeds, one of your roos has a rose or walnut comb.

3. badbowtie

badbowtie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2011
    They are all straight runs so a mix of could be anything. I was thinking maybe two rossters also by the combs but by the tail feathers I only see maybe three hens. There is 8 in this cage right know so I need to try to get some better pics tomorrow.

4. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    You cant really go by the tails at this age. At 3-4 months, the roosters will start growing in thier pointed feathers in their hackle(neck) and saddle(back). If you can try and take a picture with a side view and a comb shot. Roosters also usually feather in slower than hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by