What do these sweet babies look like to y'all?

greeneggchick15

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 10, 2013
My daughters kindergarten class hatched chicks about 2 weeks ago and they all came home with us! I have found homes for 9 and 8 are left but 4 are going to my neighbor when they are big enough to go outside. Now I am brand new to the chicken world and have no clue as to what breed these cuties are. I don't have to know but I would like to! I know it's early but there seem to be quite a few of y'all that really know these chicks! Tell me what y'all think!

Sky 2 weeks ^ she is super cuddly and loves to fall asleep on my chest. When I take them to the yard she is always right beside me or under me. I love her!

Sky's Wing

Meat ^

Meat's wing, it's feathers are coming in kinda creamy almost a light tan. I also think he is a rooster but only time will tell

Ethyl one of the cuddly ones

Ethyl's wing

Tizzy's wing

Tizzy is very special to me. She was crippled when she hatched and couldn't even stand. After several days of physical therapy and lots of love she is in perfect health and you would never know she ever had a problem!

Well there are the 4 I am keeping anyone have any clues? I think its too soon to tell if they are hens or roosters but if you think you know you can tell me that too! Thanks y'all!

ethyl kinda looks like what my Wyandottes looked like...Meat might be a buff orpington, looks like mine. Then maybe some reds (production, sex links, new hampshires, or rohode islands) either way looks like alot of fun!!

ethyl kinda looks like what my Wyandottes looked like...Meat might be a buff orpington, looks like mine. Then maybe some reds (production, sex links, new hampshires, or rohode islands) either way looks like alot of fun!!
Thanks! The black one was the one I really wasn't sure about! I thought black australorp but that's just a guess from the pics I've seen!

these were some of my Ba's, RIP!! but they were more solid black with white bellies and white on their face...not so much their head.

Prett horribly pic, but this is one of my Silver laced Wyandottes...was probably about 4-5 weeks in this pic. but notice the coloring on the head, thats what im comparing to yours.

these were some of my Ba's, RIP!! but they were more solid black with white bellies and white on their face...not so much their head.

Prett horribly pic, but this is one of my Silver laced Wyandottes...was probably about 4-5 weeks in this pic. but notice the coloring on the head, thats what im comparing to yours.

Wow that third pic looks just like the ones I have! I have 2 other black and gray/white ones that are going to my neighbor and they are almost identical to yours!

Back
Top Bottom