What do u get crossing bantam cochin roo w/large fowl hen?

chicklets81

Chirping
Mar 10, 2017
This might be a stupid question, but I "accidentally" brought a bantam cochin roo into my flock of large fowl hens. He has stayed, and all of the bantam hens to match him have gotten eaten.

He is mating with large fowl hens now.

One of the black astrolorp hens I have is now broody, with 4 eggs.

So, even though the hen is large fowl, will all of the roosters offspring be cochin bantam?

The smaller eggs don't seem as popular as the regular ones, so I may need to re-home the cochin roo so I don't keep on getting bantam eggs.

Nice! Is your Cochin roo a red? We had a chick hatch from a red Cochin roo and an australorp hen and she is the most awesome and most broody hen I have ever plus she has red feathers and the ends of the feathers have little hearts. I hoping to make more of her someday maybe this will be my project crosses. Just don't think anyone but me and my wife would have a use for them.

IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG

The top is her and her clutch of ducks and the bottom is a close up of her hearts. She has been broody 2 times this year right now she has Lavender Orpington chicks following her around. Last year she went broody 4 times.

The roo in my avatar is my banty X standard. He's just shy of being the same size as my standard size hens, so I call him 3/4 size (for a roo).

Back
Top Bottom