What do with unwanted roosters?

Quote:
'hens'? What about the roosters fighting each other? any way, I've got two I have to get rid of ASAP (Ameraucana) that are severely picking on my cochen roo and one of my bantams, so as I said, I need to get rid of my roosters AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I have raised them by hand since hatch (they actually follow me around like a dog), so eating is out of the question.

Last edited:
I take roos instead of trying to get rid of them. If they do good in the flock I keep them. If they are bad I eat them. Ive had 2 that were mean but I broke them of it so they can stay for now lol.

sad.png
I to have the same problem I think I have 3 roos out of 4 chicks I got at a farm and I can not have any roos because of the closeness of the other homes .I think i will give craigslist a try they are about 8weeks now and I am already attached but they must go.
sad.png

Please don't give them away for free on Craigslist. Put a low price on it so that it decreases the chance of someone getting it that wants to use if for cock fighting.

DO NOT POST ANY FREE ANIMALS ON CRAIGSLIST! !!!! They will use roosters for cockfighting or training dangerous dogs. free kittens will be taped to the end of a stick to train dangerous dogs do not post anything free on Craigslist

DO NOT POST ANY FREE ANIMALS ON CRAIGSLIST! !!!! They will use roosters for cockfighting or training dangerous dogs. free kittens will be taped to the end of a stick to train dangerous dogs do not post anything free on Craigslist
The problem with free roos is almost never cockfighting, but people eating them. Don't give them away if you don't wan them eaten is what I generally say. As for kittens, I would never give them away for free and would recommend nobody does. Kittens will be fed to snakes, used for dog training or toys, and just overall abused. Worst that would commonly happen to a rooster though is getting eaten. (Both thankfully and sadly)

Back
Top Bottom