1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What do yall think??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kellybea73, Jun 8, 2016.

1. kellybea73

kellybea73 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2015
    Alabama
    So my BLRW went broody and and now I have 3 baby chicks that are 6-7 weeks old. She was not just laying on her eggs so I am not sure of anything. All I know for sure if that Jed (blue marans) is the daddy. Hens I have are RIR, Black Marans and BLRW. Here are the 3 beautiful chicks I got...

This one has feathered legs and looks a lot like Jed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My dark one....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am thinking this is a boy and he is so pretty. Either has some RIR or BLRW.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JaeG

JaeG Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    My opinion is they are adorable! That's as much help as I can be. I love that last one - the red and blue are so pretty together.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I think the first one is pure Marans and the other two are from the Wyandotte. I guess the last one could be from the Red, but it looks to have some partial lacing. The middle/dark bird looks to have a rose comb? That's why I'm thinking Wyandotte momma.

4. kellybea73

kellybea73 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2015
    Alabama
    Thanks yall! I can't wait to see how they grow and change.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by