What do ya'll use to worm your flock?

Flubendazole. There are various product names such as Flubenvet but it's the chemical Flubendazole that kills the worms.
Panacur is another alternative. It depends on what you can get where you are.

How often one should worm depends on the environment the chickens live in. Hot and damp; may need worming more often than average.
How one worms is another factor. If one only has a few chickens then worming each chicken individually is best. Some feed manufactureres make worming pellets which may be an option for a confined group.

Standard advice here in the UK is worm autumn and early spring.
Best is to send a poop sample to a lab for a worm count and indentification.

Flubenvet is a very good wormer but isnt sold in the U.S.
Flubendazole and all the other "zoles" are Benzimidazoles which all are safe and very good wormers to give chickens.
Common Benzimidazoles we use are Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Safeguard equine paste, and my preferred wormer is Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer.
Shadrach is correct, your soil conditions determine how often you worm birds. I worm mine monthly due to our warm moist/wet soil conditions most of the year.

I use a pigeon dewormer that mixes in water - which I then also use in their wet mash during treatment - from Jedds: https://jedds.com/products/wormer-deluxe-powder-jedds A single package makes for several applications; I only use it when I see roundworms in their poop.
There are only two reasons why you'd see roundworms in feces:
There is no more room in the intestines and the worms are excreted, OR, a worm died of old age and was excreted. Why would a parasite leave its host?
It would be best to start a worming routine perhaps once a month, once a quarter etc...

Thankyou! I will look into those....also I've heard about this diatomaceous earth that can be used for wormer for any animals or something? Does that work well?

Back
Top Bottom