What do you ask for a teenage roo that you want to go to a good home?

SCchickengal

Chirping
Jun 4, 2021
Particularly, a blue splash cochin that is docile and almost 4 months old. Located in SC. What’s the going rate for a cockerel like this? I’m upset I have to get rid of him so I want him to go somewhere he’ll be taken care of. I have several folks interested in him but don’t know what to ask. I don’t want to ask something outrageous for him but also don’t want to give him away. $?

162EE4F9-028C-48DD-ABDB-F374492178F5.jpeg

I'm sorry you're having to let him go.

Where did he come from?

Look on your local Craigslist or other social selling platforms and see what the going rate is for cockerels/roosters.
I don't know if people actually sell their birds for this much but do see cockerels advertised in my local CL for anywhere from Free to $20 depending on breed, age, etc. etc. Basically your price is what your market will bear or what someone is willing to pay.

Hatchery birds and barnyard mixes would be at the low end price wise, imho.

I’ve sold sweet mutt roosters for $15 and pure bred for $30 But I don’t know enough about Cochins to know if those numbers would be relevant this guy at all.

Particularly, a blue splash cochin that is docile and almost 4 months old. Located in SC. What’s the going rate for a cockerel like this? I’m upset I have to get rid of him so I want him to go somewhere he’ll be taken care of. I have several folks interested in him but don’t know what to ask. I don’t want to ask something outrageous for him but also don’t want to give him away. $?

View attachment 3156723
Multi-generational roosters from good breeding stock bring higher prices than hatchery stock. ( The $$ you set determines how long you keep him) Most people use Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom