What do you do when your on vacation?

Chicken people don't get vacation. :(

Hubby and I are about to take our first vacation together in about 7 years... we normally travel and do everything separately.
I probably wouldn’t keep chickens if I couldn’t go on vacations with my husband anymore. So lucky to have nice and competent neighbours. Only thing they don’t seem to understand is when a chicken gets broody and how to break it.
So after a week vacation (last week) I ended up with 3 broodies. 🤣

I probably wouldn’t keep chickens if I couldn’t go on vacations with my husband anymore. So lucky to have nice and competent neighbours. Only thing they don’t seem to understand is when a chicken gets broody and how to break it.
So after a week vacation (last week) I ended up with 3 broodies. 🤣

Yeah. After being away last week and fighting bronchitis this week with my chickens under the 16yo's care I'm probably going to go down and find at least one broody.

I probably wouldn’t keep chickens if I couldn’t go on vacations with my husband anymore. So lucky to have nice and competent neighbours.
Well to be fair we never traveled much (individually or together) - I find it to be a hassle and waste of money. But hubby has been dying for a vacation, so we're going away for 3 days next month, and I feel the coop is set up well enough that a few days away (without anyone checking in) should be fine. We're taking the dogs with us though haha.

Worst case scenario, if I see anything amiss on the coop cam, we can call the nearest neighbor and ask her to come over.

Back
Top Bottom