What Do You Do With Your Button Quail Eggs??????

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Hey
frow.gif

All 4 of my button quail hens are laying now so i am getting 4 eggs a day... i have 2 eggs in the tray and there nest is full of eggs that i haven't gotten out yet

i have 6 of there eggs in my bator to test for fertility ( due next week )

i wanted to know though what do you do with your button eggs?

like if you don't sell them then what do you do?

do you eat them? or just throw them away?

and if you do eat them what do they taste like? lol

Cindy (sorry i forget your screen name--type to yo utoo much on yahoo haha) anywhoo she boiled up some of her excess BQ eggs and enjoyed them! Another lady on here gives them raw to her dogs. I've fed my dogs the raw eggs whole before (coturnix quail eggs that came cracked) BOY did they looove those.

I'm pretty sure i remember Cindy saying the BQ eggs boiled tasted just like normal chicken eggs just much smaller but were much easier to peal than normal chicken eggs.
smile.png

Wouldn't they make cute little deviled eggs!?!? but...I'd hate to put all that work into such a tiny appetizer!
smile.png

Quote:
^^ ha ha awh they would!

Actually my aunt who works at a resturant makes deviled eggs out of coturnix quail eggs which are a bit bigger than BQ things so it is possible and even acceptable by higher quaility resturants!
big_smile.png

I have yet to have any left over, but if/when I do, I will likely boil them up to feed back to the birds. They can use the extra protein.
smile.png

I used to hard boil them, then pickle them for snacks or a salad topper. When I'd make pickled beets I'd just toss a handful of the hard boiled eggs into the same jars.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone
smile.png

and KellyHM i have been going over how to ship eggs so when and if i start i'll keep you in mind
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom