What do you do with your chickens when they die?

Hello ya'll

Since I recently lost 2 of my favorite chickens for unrelated issues. It got me to thinking...what do you do with your chickens when they die? Do you bury them? Throw them in the trash? Eat them? I am curious. I have started a chicken cemetery it seems. That is definitely not my future plan. I was just curious to know what everyone does with their chickens when they die.

Thanks!
My husband takes them down near our pond and buries them.

Hello ya'll

Since I recently lost 2 of my favorite chickens for unrelated issues. It got me to thinking...what do you do with your chickens when they die? Do you bury them? Throw them in the trash? Eat them? I am curious. I have started a chicken cemetery it seems. That is definitely not my future plan. I was just curious to know what everyone does with their chickens when they die.

Thanks!
I view mine just like a dog or cat, so I bury them. Sorry you had to lose them ♥️

I feed mine to the coyotes.
Yikes! Doesn't that encourage them to come closer looking for more? We had a neighbor down the road a piece who put out feed and meat scraps for the wild fox, and it caused everyone to have more fox in the area, looking for a live kill. Once the neighbor stopped feeding, life ion the area for the hens was better. Just wondering.

Hello ya'll

Thanks!
Bury them, they all are pets and all have names.

I have lost 2 of my 5 hens - the first one broke her own neck (flying into a chicken pen post!) and we buried her out in the woods that surround our house, but eventually something dug her up and carried off the carcass - guess we didn't dig deep enough. When my sweet Dolly died (believe she was egg-bound :-( we decided to let the circle of death/life to occur and just put her body deep into the woods - it was gone the next day. I like to think that a fox took the carcass home to her kits.

Back
Top Bottom