What do you do with your egg shells ?

Quote:
You were lucky.
Quote:
This statement just isn't true.

You can however raise them as you like. Just because something has never happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen & on the same foot just because it is the norm doesn't mean you won't get by with it.

I know I'm not a bird but if there is a peanut butter cup there to eat I am going to eat it. Now I am on the fat side & even my wife will tell you I don't need it BUT I know what it taste like & I am going to eat it because I enjoy it. A chicken will try to eat anything & will eat most stuff if it is food or not.

I have been feeding chickens & then throw a little piece of stick down, one bird will grab it & take off with the others chasing it & stilling it. This can go on for 5 min. or more with the same birds taking it 3 or 4 times. All this said I don't by into the they will only eat it if they need it.

I will also add this story: I had just feed my chickens grain including corn & then sown corn in my garden & guess where the chickens were at with the feed still in there feeders.

Do Not Compare Gamebird Behavior To Chicken Behavior, If You Do The Gamebirds Will Make A Fool Of You In Short Order. They Are Not Chickens And Their Behavios Vary Greatly.

I save them for my squash and pumpkin plants. It supplies them with calcium and keeps the slugs and snails away.

It also helps prevent blossom end rot in squash plants and maters. But to use it to keep slugs away, you have to have a solid patch of it. If there is a break in your defenses, they will find it and get your plants.

And Paradise...we weren't being mean. Reread those posts
big_smile.png

I rinse them off and dry them and crush them and crush them some more.

I guess, I am the only one that feeds the quail egg shells to the chickens
The chicken egg shells to the quail along with oyster shell in the dustbath.

The ducks get both And they keep their own eggs. Mounds of eggs in those nests, ready to start hatching xmas, new years till valentines day probably.

Quote:
It also helps prevent blossom end rot in squash plants and maters. But to use it to keep slugs away, you have to have a solid patch of it. If there is a break in your defenses, they will find it and get your plants.

And Paradise...we weren't being mean. Reread those posts
big_smile.png

x2. That's all I have to say about this right now.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom