What do you do with your extra eggs???

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

I posted signs around our community and facebook. I a pretty loyal customer that orders 4 dozen eggs every other week! Which is great since right now I only have 7 laying hens! I don't really have other customers yet because they are waiting for the little ones to start laying.. I have 23 of them. They are commerical Layers.

I have given a few to friends, but for the most part, we eat them. Egg salad is always on hand in the fridge, my husband eats an omelet for supper every 3 nights or so
lol.png
and I boil a LOT. Also, I have an addiction: I own 3 incubators, so many eggs find their way into those and become little chicklets...
roll.png

I made little notices for church and all the offices I go to (doctor, chiropractor, etc). When I increase my flock I drum up new customers in advance for eggs coming in the fall.

I bought more hens just to keep up with the people wanting to buy chicken eggs from me. I sell to my teachers at school, friends, parents friends, neighbors, and family. I ask 2$ for my eggs because some are banty eggs but i am going to increase my price because the bantams are laying right now anyway
If you get one loyal customer you will be set. They will order maybe a dozen and week and possibly know someone else who wants some too

A.T. Hagan :

My local homeless shelter is delighted to take all the eggs I want to give them. Plenty of hungry, down on their luck, folks out there who could use a good meal. Some food banks can handle perishables so they may want them as well.

Great idea! And much healthier for them and taste better than store bought, or more likely, powdered eggs, that they're used to getting.

Here's a related idea - hard-boil a slew of them, then hand them out to the homeless folks on the corners...(I live in the city).

Don't have extras yet, but I bet I will with about 18 pullets coming of age between now and November....what was I thinking?​

Back
Top Bottom