Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nissan

• Gmc

• Other

• Total voters
Just spent $900 yesterday on me a new ride to replace my wrecked truck I have had for 9 years....
1984 Suburban 3/4 ton 8 pasenger diesel that looks far from 26 years old....
big_smile.png

Right%20Front.JPG

Driver%27s%20Side%20Front.JPG

3rd%20Seat%20Open.JPG

What Can I say...I am a PRODUCT of the 80's.....complete with parachute pants, swatch watch, and deck shoes.
lol.png

Yep.I've had this car since 1986...when I was 16!!!!!

D2.jpg

D1.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey, you're my age! That car makes me think of Back to the Future. I wanted one of those in the 80's, but my parents didn't believe teenagers should have their own cars, dang it. I bought my first when I was 19... a 77 Datsun 810. Not quite the hot rod you had!

jossanne.

yeah, I was pretty luck..I was one of the "Cool" kids in school..cuz I drove a "time" machine. Just wish I could have found that "flux capacitor" ha ha ha.

ANyway...the good thing about this car...I think my parent paid about $11,000 for it at the time.....no w I could EASILY sell it for $30,000 or so. But it means WAY too much for me now. I am going to keep it in the garage, and still take out on nice summer days.
smile.png

Dan

I used to race cars, everything from single-seat Formula Fords to tube-frame mid-engine cars. After 20 years or so, it got old, spending all those weekends and all that prep time. Now I'm down to a Jeep Grand Cherokee (tows the tent trailer, the building materials trailer, performs all the truck-like duties), an older Jeep Wrangler (mountain trails plus haul the trash trailer to the dump), a Mini Cooper S (supercharged, chipped, CAI, Borla exhaust) and a new Toyota RAV4 as the around-town and highway car - for a V6, it averages 28 mpg on the highway and 25 mpg in mixed driving. Not bad.

When I bought the Toyota, I intended to buy an American car (yes, yes, some "foreign" cars have more US labor and parts than "American" cars, let's not quibble) but Chrysler didn't make anything that suited my needs that wasn't butt ugly (I hate the look that is so popular, the cross between a HumVee and a Brink's truck) or got terrible gas mileage, GM shut my local dealer down, meaning I'd have to drive 150 miles to just look at one, never mind get it serviced, and what I liked in Ford was too expensive and came with a lot of features I didn't want. So it was down to a Subaru Forester or Outback or the Toyota RAV4, and the RAV4 won in my road tests.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom