What do you get when you cross.....

vkp23

Songster
10 Years
Jul 10, 2009
My house
An Ameraucana and Turken? My husband and I were talking about trying to develop a Turken/Ameraucana cross and see what we get. Wouldn't it be cool to have a Turken with a beard that laid green/blue eggs? If anyone has any pic of this cross I would love to see it.

Last edited:
Wow, that's a differant mix!
big_smile.png
I have never had either of these breeds, however, if u got your Ameracaunas from a hatchery they are actually Easter Eggers. Or mutts. Americaunas ONLY LAY BLUE EGGS. Maybe green:/. Remember, when you mix a breed you may get a lot of differant varieties. Good Luck! :cool:Oh, and check out a Turken/ Silkie cross! They are awesome! Called Show Ladies!
smile.png

Mama to-
2 Rhode Island Reds, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 2 Silkies, 2 Modern Game Banties, 1 Black Sumatra, 1 Golden Campine, 1 Bearded Buff Laced Polish, and 1 Birchen OEG banty, 1 horse (soon to be 2) 3 cats, 1 dog, and several fish.

I SO want show girls! I love my turkens. They are so ugly they are cute. I just got the Ameraucana pullets from IDEAL. Here is thier description:

Ameraucanas, known as the "Easter Egg Breed", are a multicolored breed. They have beards, muffs and a normal tail with a tail head. They are often incorrectly called Araucanas, which have ear tuffs, are rumpless, and do not have a tail head which gives them a bunny tail appearance. Most of the chicks sold as Araucanas are really Ameraucanas, which are excellent, efficient producers of large eggs of many colors and shades including blue and green.

So at least they are not advertising that they are oh so pure. But, it would still be cool to see what I get. My Turken rooster is REALLY pretty. He's black with green sheen in is tail and saddle feathers, along with honey brown. His neck is REALLY red. Even my mom who said she thinks the Turkens are too ugly to be cute has commented how pretty he is. My Ameraucana baby girls are still a bit too small to see what they will look like. But so far they are really pretty. Pretty little bearded ladies.

I have 5 babies that are Dark Cornish/White Rock that range in age, 4-3 months old. They are SO pretty. mostly blue/gray and white, but some of them have brown in the mix. I can't wait to see what my Black Giants and White Rock babies will look like.

I SO want show girls! I love my turkens. They are so ugly they are cute. I just got the Ameraucana pullets from IDEAL. Here is thier description:

Ameraucanas, known as the "Easter Egg Breed", are a multicolored breed. They have beards, muffs and a normal tail with a tail head. They are often incorrectly called Araucanas, which have ear tuffs, are rumpless, and do not have a tail head which gives them a bunny tail appearance. Most of the chicks sold as Araucanas are really Ameraucanas, which are excellent, efficient producers of large eggs of many colors and shades including blue and green.

So at least they are not advertising that they are oh so pure. But, it would still be cool to see what I get. My Turken rooster is REALLY pretty. He's black with green sheen in is tail and saddle feathers, along with honey brown. His neck is REALLY red. Even my mom who said she thinks the Turkens are too ugly to be cute has commented how pretty he is. My Ameraucana baby girls are still a bit too small to see what they will look like. But so far they are really pretty. Pretty little bearded ladies.

I have 5 babies that are Dark Cornish/White Rock that range in age, 4-3 months old. They are SO pretty. mostly blue/gray and white, but some of them have brown in the mix. I can't wait to see what my Black Giants and White Rock babies will look like.

You are incorrectly speaking of Americanas. Ameraucanas lay only blue eggs and are NOT multi-colored. They are their own breed while AmerIcanas(Easter Eggers) are, in fact, multi-colored because they are essentially a mutt. That does not make them any less pretty or neat, but they are NOT the same breed.

You are incorrectly speaking of Americanas. Ameraucanas lay only blue eggs and are NOT multi-colored. They are their own breed while AmerIcanas(Easter Eggers) are, in fact, multi-colored because they are essentially a mutt. That does not make them any less pretty or neat, but they are NOT the same breed.
I think you read something wrong..

But..

1.) there are no such thing as 'Americanas'

2.) All 3 Aracaunas, Ameracaunas and Easter Eggers come in a variety of color patterns.

3.) No one is saying that they lay multiple colored eggs. Not sure where that came from in the post you're referring to

4.) **Aracaunas are a breed from Chile that are rumpless and have muffs only.
They lay a light blue egg.

**Ameracaunas were created in the United States in the 70s and derived from the Arucauna.

**Easter Egger is a common name for any chicken (mix bred with many different kinds of breeds) that lays a blue or green egg. Including barnyard accidental crosses that result in a chicken laying blue or green eggs

**Olive Egger is also a common name for any chicken mix bred that results in a chicke that can lay (specifically) a greenish hued egg. An Olive Egger can also be referred to as an Easter Egger.

I think you read something wrong..

But..

1.) there are no such thing as 'Americanas'

2.) All 3 Aracaunas, Ameracaunas and Easter Eggers come in a variety of color patterns.

3.) No one is saying that they lay multiple colored eggs. Not sure where that came from in the post you're referring to

4.) **Aracaunas are a breed from Chile that are rumpless and have muffs only.

**Ameracaunas were created in the United States in the 70s and derived from the Arucauna.

**Easter Egger is a common name for any chicken (mix bred with many different kinds of breeds) that lays a blue or green egg. Including barnyard accidental crosses that result in a chicken laying blue or green eggs

**Olive Egger is also a common name for any chicken mix bred that results in a chicke that can lay (specifically) a greenish hued egg. An Olive Egger can also be referred to as an Easter Egger.
Read what I quoted before going on a random rant please.

Back
Top Bottom