What do you grow to feed the chickens??

I bought several pounds of the powdered sulfur on line, smaller amts available. I like the natural too as I can find those options. Seems like the chemical answer is far easier to find. But I'm learning. I use the sulfur on my cats and chickens to control extermnal parasites. I do put out dumps of ahses for the chooks but they use it up quickly and I can't see a cat having a dust bath in the ashes, lol, so use the sulfur powder. Keeps the fleas down , so wondered if it was useful for hte corn-- might tackle the earwigs since they have an exoskeleton like a flea.

A couple of drops of oil on the silks will smother the ear worms. Just be sure that you apply it after the corn has pollinated, or apply it lower on the silks so you don't prevent pollination. I'm guessing that 4 - 5 days after silking, you should be good to go. As far as the borers, your best bet would be a BT spray, which will also kill the ear worms as well.

A couple of drops of oil on the silks will smother the ear worms. Just be sure that you apply it after the corn has pollinated, or apply it lower on the silks so you don't prevent pollination. I'm guessing that 4 - 5 days after silking, you should be good to go. As far as the borers, your best bet would be a BT spray, which will also kill the ear worms as well.
Thank you!!

Hummert catalog arrived the other day-- VERY quick arrival after online request.

A oddment of products-- loved the 1500 strawberrie plants for $111 if I am reading this right-- Still stunned by the pricing so I could be wrong. Much available in larger quantiies like 5# of veg seed or 50# of grass seeds and MORE!!

THe are online too-- though catalog seems more complete.

Hummert International

HummertSeed.com

I am a bit confused though-- this company was recommended in that he could pick up small orders as he lived local to the company. This cata log is a wholesalers catalog but the minimun order is $25 in good PLUS shipping and handling.

50# box is about 50$ to us in the northeast region. THe shipping costs potentially ad a great deal to the cost. BUt could still be a good buy if one was very careful , say focus on seeds or bareroot plants.

Need to add up the weights on all the items to figure the shipping. ANd I"m not sure exactly on what FOB shipping is. I think it is paying for shipping when goods are delivered. SO not clear when shipping is pd in advance or when it's paid to the driver. IDK.

I went on eburgess.com this morning to shop their sales and ordered a bush cherry. The sale is buy one get 3 free. I will be planting two buy the chicken runs and two in the orchard.

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom