What do you guys think? Should I wait?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Smoky73, Mar 28, 2007.

  1. Smoky73

    Smoky73 Lyon Master

    Feb 8, 2007
    I had all my silkies running together until about 2 months ago. Then a month ago, I let the white rooster in the pen with the girls for a week before I could get the dividers built to seperate the colors. (I had 3 buff, 2 blue/splash, 2 white hens in the pen). I then seperated all by color with their respective colored roosters.
    So, technically, they have been seperated with the correct mates will be three weeks on Sunday. Should I go till 4 weeks before setting any eggs? I know that buff is doing his job and so is the splash so I would think that they would be fertile by him.

    What do you guys think?
  2. justusnak

    justusnak Flock Mistress

    Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    Smokey.....from what I have read here, I would waite another week. Some say 30 days fertile....so...just to be safe, if you can hold off another week..I would.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: