1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What do you LIKE about the new BYC?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chemguy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Chemguy

Chemguy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Springfield, Ohio
    So, it's been about a day after the changeover. It might seem like a lot longer than that for the mods, so I figure that this is a good time to come together to say what it is that we like about the new BYC. Let's hear what you have to say!

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    The tool bar.. where we can change colors and make font bigger... upload pics from our PC...

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I also like the Microsoft-like tool bar. I like the upload image function that doesn't require me to copy and paste from a separate page of uploaded images. I like the drop-down menus.

I am really glad BYC was only down one day! That's absolutely amazing, given the scope of the platform exchange.

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I like being able to type large and purple like this!

Also I enjoy the ease of adding pictures compared to the old platform's way.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  5. quercus21

quercus21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Tivoli, NY
    I have just started to play with it, but the ease of navigation, easy on the ole eyes, message posting seems refined, board messaging is stream lined. It's also good for the ole gray matter, having to learn something new.
    Conclusion - So far I like it.

6. Chemguy

Chemguy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Springfield, Ohio
    I'm also loving the easy way I can navigate through the site. To be honest, I didn't think it was a big deal before. But now, I'd never want to go back to the old way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by