What do you like most about BYC

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Acre of Blessings, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Just wondering what everyone likes most about BYC.

I like the fact that I can come to the computer and find out what may be wrong with one of my chickens, or if I need some encouragement....I can find some of that to.

What do you like most about this site that has grown by leaps and bounds?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    The people, the knowledge, the stories and mostly the enablers. I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for BYC. Seriously. I would never have begun hatching out chicks 5 years ago or know near as much as I do without this site!

3. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Your right.....This site sure does have a lot of useful information that can help all of us.

4. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    At first, what I liked best was help in learning everything I could about raising chickens.

Now my favorite part is the help and support I can get with almost every aspect of my life.

I'm very thankful.

5. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

It is the hospitality...everyone has been very friendly and helpful...there is a lot of information on here and everyone makes if fun to be here...Pam [​IMG]

6. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    It sure is a fun site. I don't think a day goes by that I don't go to BYC.

When my kids see me heading toward the office they say "You going on BYC to see whats going on" my reply....."Yep" [​IMG]

7. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

I like the fact that there are others out there with the same interests as me! BYC is a great place to just shoot the breeze about chickens as well as gain a wealth of information regarding my "Chicken Addiction". It's always great to feel like part of a group, lol.

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    For me it is the wonderful circle of cyber friends that I have...they make me laugh, cry, giggle and feel total empathy with them and their circumstances...........I feel as though I have known you all for years...something for which I thank you for from the bottom of my heart........xxxxxxxxx

9. Gloria

Gloria Chillin' With My Peeps

BYC is the best place to be on the internet because it has taught me everything I need to know about chickens and now ducks too!

My Dh told a friend he would like to get a couple of chickens and later that day we found a cage with 3 White Leghorns in it in the middle of our driveway!! That was a very nice drive-by! But I needed a crash course on living with chickens fast!

So I got on my computer and right away found BYC and I've been here almost everyday since. Lots of great info and great people too. Now I've learned a lot and I try to help others.
    THANKS BYC!!!! [​IMG]

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] First it was all about the chicken.
    Now its more like stopping at a coffee shop and talking with the girls.. I love it! [​IMG] Like an online HEN party [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by