what do you northwesterners feed your chickens?

honeybunny

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 31, 2012
I live around the battleground/vancouver area in southwestern washington. I've looked around for chicken food brands online such as blue seal, kent, etc., but those aren't sold anywhere near our area(nearest location was in california.... nope, not going there every month, haha!). Anyways, I just want a good layer feed that isn't Purina(don't know about you guys, but i don't like purina products.)

Scratch n Peck feeds are made in Bellingham and sold throughout the Northwest. It's organic with high quality ingredients (and mostly local), so the price is premium, but with our small size flock, it's worth it. I pay about $30 for a 40 lbs bag. Surely someone in the Vancouver area is carrying this, if not Portland would.

http://www.scratchandpeck.com/

My names not on scratch and peck but there is a picture of me there. I use it and it's shipped up here by pallet for a group of us. See if neighbors want to split shipping and see if large number at scratch and peck well deal.

I live in Pacific County close to the oregon border. I get Palouse (I believe that's how it's spelt) chicken food. My chickens love it and have denied another food I've tried for them. I as well try to defer away from Purina. I've heard of a couple of recalls and it makes me nervous to buy any of it.

I don't know if you all have a Grange Co-op up there, that's where I get my feed. It's milled about half a mile from my office
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom