What do you spend on average every month on feed?

Yup easy come easy go! and I love my animals.
smile.png

Last edited:
My animal food cost's are:
$20 a month on crickets for 1000
$10 a month for rat chow because we breed rats to feed my lizards,frogs,turtles and snakes( rat pups cost $5 so it's cheaper to raise our own)
under $10 a month for rabbit food( a $16 bag lasts 3 months feeding 2 rabbits less in the summer months)
$10 a month for dog food
Under $1 for our cockateals as we have bought seed cheap a while back @.10 per 2 kg bag and we feed boss for a treat
our GP gets fed scrap fruits and veggies and rabbit pellets
$2 for the turtles a month for goldfish , they get pinkies and other creap treats.
$5 Savannah monitor as it eats shrimp,fish, bugs,worms,home grow pinkies, what ever's cheapest/healthy
$10 for cat food
Don't know about the chickens yet as I bough a tiny 3kg bag of feed for $2 but I think it's just scratch which is just a treat apparently so until I go back this weekend and buy layer food I'm giving lots of supplments like hemp seed.

So about $60 max a month on feed

Hmmm, let's see....

Horses feed and hay for 4: $300.00 give or take (not counting board)
Dogs-3 gluttons: $50.00
Rabbit 1 bag lasts 3 mos: $12.00
Fish: $5.95
Chickens (23): $40.00 give or take depending if I need BOSS that month

Okay, I am so not adding that up! Quick, I'm gonna have to close my eyes or I'll go blind looking at those numbers!! lol Ahhhh....well, I suppose they're priceless!
tongue.png

This is my skimping feed bill for winter. Skimping meaning they are mostly getting sweet feed instead of flock raiser. If I were to buy the good stuff, it would be twice as much (flock raiser $13.-- a bag, sweet feed $7 a bag--50#).

I spend at least $55 every time I go to the feed store, and at most that is every 7-10 days.
smile.png
I don't count dog food, that's another $50+ a month.
th.gif

I've got guinea pigs and a fish too, but their feed lasts at least 2 months whenever
smile.png

Last edited:
I am spending about $25 dollars a month and thats with the scratch BOSS and oyster shells because I only use small amounts and only BOSS during the winter and molting and Scratch during the winter. I am feeding Layena mash and Pellets. My birds go through about two bags a month. I have 13 LF birds and 7 Bantams. They are on pasture and get what ever non poultry leftovers we have.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom