What do you store inside your coop?

catchthewind

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
Vancouver Island
We were planning on loft storage in our coop, but it ended up shorter than we planned and we are discussing either creating a smaller loft storage, or scrapping it all together and putting in a small cupboard or something instead. The coop is close to our basement, so I would keep shavings in there in either case. The feeder we are considering will hold a whole bag of food. The only other things I can think of are a scoop for the poop board and a bucket to scoop it into to carry it to the compost. I'm sure here are other things that would be handy to have in the coop though rather than the basement. What do you store in yours?

Last edited:
Feed, pine bedding, a broom, a rake, and eventually a sink.
smile.png

We keep three of those plastic garbage cans with snug lids and keep all my feed in them. So easy to feed when everything is safe, close and dry. I also keep all my feeders and chick waterers on a shelf in the small room where I keep new mamas and their chicks. Dh converted two rooms in the old house on our property for my two coops. 50'x20' run is attached but they mostly free range.

Lets see ... buckets and wheelbarrow, shavings, shovel, rake, broom, extra feeders and waterers, chain and s hooks, thermometer, tools (hammer, pliers, nails, screws, saw, washers, etc.) gallon jugs of clean water, bandaids and clean towel, extra feed and treats (grit, oyster shell, scratch, wheat, BOSS, etc.) battery powered radio, umbrella, plastic bags, poo scraper, nail trimmer, blood stop, old t-shirt or jacket in case I have a bird bleeding and flapping while there in nice clothes. Then there's the live traps and catfood for bait, the isolation cage, trash can, flashlight, bird catch net, and various meds (wormer, antibiotic salve, vaseline.) I wish I could keep my .22 out there, too, but it is too humid here and it would rust.

I keep chicken feed and scratch indoors in our bird room in Vittles Vaults, and take out only that day's rations every morning. In the coop, I have a cupboard with: grit, oystershell, and papertowels and Poop Off. These are the items I use frequently, so they're in the top drawer. In other drawers, I keep chicken medical supplies and extra dishes.

The poop scooper, rake, litter pan and broom are hanging up on nails on the outside of the back of the coop.

Back
Top Bottom