what do you think got my chickens?

rufus wins!
sad.png
i went out late last night to check on them and scared the owl off when i walked up. it got three more teenagers from my other grow-out pen. so now my two young ones that are left are back in a brooder in my house. one of them have a nasty cut... poor thing.
sad.png
do owls go after big chickens? my coop is not entirely enclosed just mostly ... i guess i know my to-do list for this weekend. what a terrible night...

I am very sorry for you loss. Not cats as all North American and domestic (or feral) cats are kill and carry. Kill an animal and carry it away to eat it.
Raccoons killed your birds most likely. They can easly climb any fence and as they are in your Neighborhood you need to cover both grower pens. Tighten up all the holes. The animal will be back and he/she will hit the other pen. Start trapping, find a way to protect the birds at night. Again very sorry for your loss.

That's really disappointing, you probably invested a lot of money in those BCMs. Even though u saw an owl I seriously doubt it just bit the heads off, it would swallow those chicks whole. Either way, it sounds like you'll be adding some extra predator protection for your birds. Can never be too safe!

Back
Top Bottom