What do you think is the quietest bantam hen?

silkies
cochin
brahma
mine are all quiet
love.gif

BR I would say are in between
RIR's were loud

I think d 'uccles are pretty quiet. My neighbors havent complained yet. THey are also pretty relaxed. Dont get a sebright , i had one and it a little sequealing monster.

My loudest are the silkies and the sebright. They are all some kind of noisy. The d'uccle hen seldom makes a peep, even when laying an egg. She's the Silent Avenger if you will. Now the d'uccle roo is a whole other story altogether. He never shuts up and it's a hig pitched tenor crow. Sheesh!
smile.png

I love all three breeds as all are full of personality, but it's seldom quiet out by my coop.

Bantam Barred Rocks! I only have one, it was an experiment this summer- and we love her so much that we're planning to add 4-5 more next year. Quiet, very friendly for kids to handle, and lays lots of little eggs

Last edited:
I've got a couple Dk Cornish Bantam pullets, and you rarely even hear a peep out of them. Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever heard noise out of them. My other girls make the normal chicken chatter, but not them. Oh, and I've got a Dominique pullet that's named Quiet. She doesn't make much of a sound either.

MY Australorps and BR's are pretty quiet...maybe my rooter is just so noisy I can't hear the girls.

Back
Top Bottom