What do you think Muskovy fans? (pics!)

keyt1969

Songster
9 Years
Aug 17, 2010
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
I've posted about these ducklings before, but I'm still stumped lol. Not that it matters, I just want opinions. I hope my confusion makes sense!! LOL

I have these almost 2 month old ducklings that came from Muskovy eggs. The lighter one is a real mystery but the darker one looks exactly like my male call, just a much bigger version. I can't imagine him mating with the Muskovy hen...right? lol

HarleyandLily.jpg

Harley.jpg

Harley. Can Muskovies look like this? His head is turning green, exactly like the call...but again, call drake and muskovy hen? No, right? lol

Picture006-11.jpg

Lily. This one is a little easier to figure out ...probably Muskovy drake and Pekin hen. Who knows lol.

Picture075.jpg

I have these guys that are a week old. The black ones are what Harley looked like when he was their size. Is he Muskovy or just a mix? The lighter ones look full Muskovy right? They all hatched the same time so how can there be a mix and full breed?

Picture063-1.jpg

My Muskovy pair, Penguin and Penny
Picture049.jpg

I don't really care, but every time I look at them I get more curious so I just want opinions!

The only other reason I wanna know is because I keep getting ducklings like this and I don't know if I can sell them as Muskovies or Muskovy mixes?

Last edited:
Are these Penny's eggs? Do all your ducks run together and are there other kinds of drakes? I am fairly new to ducks and muscovies and I can for sure tell you that they look like mixes. At 8 weeks all of my muscovy ducklings had the beginnings of carnucling (sp)

Those two in the first pic. , though beautiful, are def. mixes (mules) so will be infertile. I had two hatch out early in my last clutch and though looked like Scovies at hatch have been showing more that they are mules.... which is really too bad as I had wanted to keep them as breeders next year.

Quote:
I agree they are very pretty, that's why I kept them. I've owned a lot of ducks but the Muskovy pair above are the first ones I've owned so I don't know much about their offspring. This post kinda makes me feel dumb now for asking what I pretty much already knew lol.

Although I still think the two lighter ones in the pic with the 5 ducklings look like full Muskovies, but that wouldn't explain the black ones.

Whew, I'm just confusing myself more lol

Back
Top Bottom