what do you think of this color egg

jimmythechicken

Songster
9 Years
Jun 8, 2010
mansfield
we have all orps but one has to have some ee or something because we get on blue green egg each day then yesterday we got another color like olive green it was a good size egg to not like a new one laying they do free range do you think they may have ate something to change the color here are some picks.the one on the left is normal orp egg middle is the color we have gotten from one of our chicks dont know witch one yet but but been about 2 month laying an the last one we just got yesterday real nice color but just confused
59947_black_chicks_002.jpg

My EE's lay some of the same colors as your 2 eggs on the right. Blue & green...some more olive green, like your far right one, and some regular green.

Were they claimed as pure breed? If you made a temporary pen for them, you could put one in there at a time to find out who is laying this mysterious egg.

we think they middle egg is from our buff a hatchery bird hahaha the far right i dont know we just got a few new buffs in so i am guessing one of them all our lavenders are good stock an same with our black an blue. the kids like them so i guess they are staying.lol

I have a hen, Raven, ( here she is, don't know what kind of mix, but obviously part EE) who lays eggs the color of the far right. I just enjoy having the olive color in the mix.

Last edited:
We have 4 ee hens and 3 lay colored eggs. One day we got a large olive colored egg with white speckles on it. Our huge EE ruffles had begun laying and started off with huge eggs. No pullet eggs for her! They were 30 plus weeks and we thought she had been laying all along. Obviously you have mixed blood lines. I'd say you were just lucky!

Back
Top Bottom