What do you use for outdoor feeders?

I have an overhang on the duck coop - so on the outside I mounted a vinyl gutter with two end caps - for less than $10 a made two 5 foot sections. I read about making them on this site and they work great. Just fill them up once a day and I am done.

Last edited:
well we have a completely covered run, the best money can buy so no problems with weather, and in the winter, we completzly cover our run so not a drop of rain, or snow ever could blow in. I have used these feeders for my chickens and never had a problem, we hang them and the waterers.
Do your ducks still get at least 5 hours of sun being completely covered?

I don't have feeders inside either. Ants. I use feed pans. One upside down with the other on top to help avoid ants. I have a makeshift feed shelter over it. Its 2 sides, the top and the end of a large dog crate with a tarp over the top. The end section is open to provide stability and allow both ends to be open.
May I make a suggestion. Not sure it it would work as I don't have an ant problem with the duck feed, but have used the technique with other animal feed.
Instead of turning the one upside down, have it right way up and fill it with water. This way, your ducks can use the water to wash feed down AND the ants will keep away as they don't like water.

Cheers

I have a small tractor coop My problem is the crumbles getting wet then the rest cant come out the hole. blocked .I have a tarp on the food part of the run but i guess its just too much moisture that gets in or blowing rain when its wet out
anyone ideas???

I have a small tractor coop My problem is the crumbles getting wet then the rest cant come out the hole. blocked .I have a tarp on the food part of the run but i guess its just too much moisture that gets in or blowing rain when its wet out
anyone ideas???

Does it have attached shelter? if so i'd probably move feed into there in times of bad weather. The reason i feed outside(despite the birds having access to the barn) is to avoid the drakes arguing lol The girls share quite well, the boys .. can be a difficult at times.

I use a poultry feeder which works for six Khakis. On nice days it hangs outside and during inclement weather I hang it under a shelter made from scrap plywood which I designed to keep the snow from blowing in as we get quite a lot of wind.

Back
Top Bottom